Used 2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius v Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius v model:

Incredibly versatile small car with great mileage
By Gordo

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Plusses - 45 mpg consistently with great cargo capacity. Im able to put my 9' kayak inside the car to get to rivers - amazing; also can haul 8' lumber easily with the seats down. Negatives - back up camera is invisible in bright sunlight situations (fixed on later models), very noisey interior car ride.

Will NEVER buy another Toyota again
By Liz

2012 Toyota Prius v Three 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Paid in full at time of purchase $36k, PLUS bought a $3500 extended warranty when I bought this car BRAND NEW. Had no problems for first 10 months. Then it started breaking down every couple of weeks. I took it to 3 different Toyota dealerships, all of whom told me it checked out perfect when they plugged it in to their diagnostic equipment. Third time it was towed into Toyota of Boerne, Service Advisor called me and said it’s burning tons of oil; mechanic could not find any leaks; needed a new $7k motor, BUT warranty company would never agree to cover it. Then he says, “If it was my car I’d just add a quart of oil every few days.” I’m thinking, “WTF, did he really just tell me that?” When I went to get the car intending to take up the matter with Toyota USA, I noticed my invoice said ONLY that he had recommended I get new breaks in front and back and that I refused. When I called Toyota of N. America, I was asked why I’d never taken the car to a Toyota dealership for any of its service or to have the problem assessed. I had ONLY taken it to Toyota dealerships. It had been there for ALL of its recommended/ routine mentanance AS WELL AS everything else. Because it had all been covered by the “new car” warranty and the additional warranty coverage that I had bought. They said there was no record of any of it in their system. Utter Bullsh—!

terrific car
By Hought

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gas mileage has been amazing. And tracking it has made me a better driver. The cargo space is G reat - nearly as much room as a full size SUV- tho without the weight carrying ability. It is light on isolating the cabin from road noise on interstates.

Best car I’ve ever owned!
By Cameran Dalili

2012 Toyota Prius v Five 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The perfect car, great gas mileage, reliable, plenty of space, NEVER breaks down..this is the 2nd Toyota we own(4-Runner), nothing comes close

Prius V practical and economical
By Dan Montano

2012 Toyota Prius v Two 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Has great gas mileage, though acceleration is slow overall ride at higher speeds is good. Is a very practical car with the rear lift up door and large cargo area. I have a 110,000 miles on it, and with routine maintenance I have had no problems.