2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 8-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

Who needs a Lexus?
By Pete Lagus

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This car is the toughest vehicle I have ever owned. Power is staggering and road noise is non existent. It is a pleasure to drive for extended periods. The construction quality is outstanding. I have had none of the usual new car "adjustments" that dealers often must make. If it got better mileage it would be the perfect SUV.

LANDCRUISER A CLASS OF ITS OWN
By Patrick Brockett

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Always owned Range Rovers prior to 2013 .I test drove every high end SUV on the market .It came down to Mercedes ,Lexus or Land Cruiser .Surprisingly The Land Cruiser won as I never dreamed of owning a Toyota .The Lexus version did not add enough value and the finish and quality of the Landcruiser is way better than Mercedes .I use it for long distance trips for which it perfect .Quiet ,spacious ,comfortable and a dream to drive .In 60,000 miles and 6 years not the smallest issue has arisen unlike my experiences with Range Rover and Mercedes .I can see using this car for another 5 years at least .

What a great ride..
By Michael Kirk

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is by far the best SUV I’ve ever owned. I’ve got about 10,000 miles on it and I love it. I expect to get easily 200,000 miles out of this LC.

Lemon Law
By Peter

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I was on the fence between the Land-Cruiser and a Mercedes GL450. I've owned four Land-Cruiser's prior and was a bit nervous about the Mercedes reliability. As it turns out, the Land-Cruiser was a disaster! The day I drove it home, I could tell there was an alignment issue. Constant corrections needed. I took it to my local shop and they said the rear axle was off almost a full degree (It was basically twisted forward on the left and back on the right). Took to Toyota and they confirmed issue. They had it for 3 days and ended up using a "come-a-long" strap to try and force the rear axle into alignment. This crazy repair was even at Toyota Corporate's recommendation! Needless to say, it just created more problems having the axle forced into an unnatural position. My service department agreed the attempted repair should be "undone" due to the pressure being placed now on bushings, control arms, etc. After I got vehicle back, it now had even worse alignment readings due to the excessive force that was placed on rear suspension. I filled a complaint with Toyota. After a few weeks, they told me, "No further repairs are needed". My dealer was no help at all- Carson Toyota is the worst. I was furious and w/no support from Toyota or my dealer. I hated driving the vehicle because it was all over the road. I also knew the truck would also wear tires quickly. I hired an attorney and he won my case! I was awarded all my monies back. However, nobody should go through what I did for such an obvious build defect which was detected so early. Apparently, this rear axle issue is a common known problem with the Land-Cruiser and Tundras. In fact, my attorney was thinking about spearheading a national recall on this matter. BUYER BEWARE: get it on an alignment rack BEFORE you put your money down one of these!

8 years strong
By DBeard

2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

we bought an LC after seeing all the problems and costs associated with other SUV’s. We also considered that we might “never sell” and drive it until it stops running. While we regularly service the car, literally thats all we do. Gas milage not great, but we burn maybe 1000 gallons/yr, so more efficent but same sized SUVs might save 2-300 gallons, at best. One major repair soaks up any of that savings. The ride is comfortable and powerful, the trim sturdy. We like things simple and reliable, and the LC fits that to a T. Everyone complains about the rear seats folding up, but we like the ease of use and we still hauled two kids to sleep away camp, trucks/duffels and all. We have almost 150k miles and except for some minor wear, it feels and looks “lightly driven”. We might keep it and see if we can get 500k miles out of her, but the new ones certainly look good!