Used 2007 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

Used Highlander for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Wonderful Hwy Cruiser

Metro Atlanta, 09/19/2006
Sport 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I were shopping for a small/medium size SUV for our off-work vehicle. We were looking at several other SUVs out there before settling for the Highlander. It was not the best of the bunch but it was the best deal of them all. The RAV4 V6 and Murano definitely had more punch and characteristics. But the Highlander had the best value of the bunch. As expected, the fit & finish is excellent. The V6 is more than adequate for everyday driving. The handling is better than I expected. It is quite balanced for a fwd. Great ergonomics all around. The chrome enhancement on the Sport model really freshens up the dull look of the base model. Can't beat the deal at 0% for 48 months.

review

C Jones, 01/15/2007
4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We were initially looking at the RAV4. It is a nice vehicle, but it doesn't come close the Highlander in terms of comfort and value. We got a V6 with 4 wheel drive and a 3rd seat for the price of a RAV4 with a V6. I think they are dealing on these because of the 6 year old body style. The ride is firm yet smooth and the handling is very carlike. The package that we bought has all of the options we wanted without the leather and other things we didn't need. This thing goes like crazy in the snow and didn't misstep when going up a steep, snow covered dirt road. Thoroughly impressed.

Ol' Reliable-so reliable I traded in on a new one

Walter Maus, 08/12/2016
Sport 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not a hi-mileage owner, but a daily user in all climates from weeks of knee-deep snow to 100-degree heat. This is the most reliable, competent vehicle I've ever owned, aside from a 1997 Camry. Only major repair was new rear brake rotors, calipers & pads at 90,000. Tows my 3500-lb boat with ease, but only for short distances (5-10 mi) about 4 times a year. Outstanding in sand or snow. Very comfortable on annual 3,000-mile road trips, loaded with gear. Reliably gets 21 mpg at 70-mph Interstate speed, and 20 on routine driving at home in a semi-rural suburban area with little city-traffic driving. Not a speck of rust (except on the dealer-installed, aftermarket hitch bar), very water tight. Not hush-hush silent at road speeds, but not really noisy either. I was ambivalent about trading it in at 100,000mi because I think this reliable old friend of 9 years had another good 100,000 miles in it. But I gave in and traded for a new Highlander in Sept 2016.

Smooth, Solid Ride - 2007 Highlander

Jon, 09/19/2006
Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We've only owned our 2007 Toyota Highlander for about 10 days but we love it. We ordered a Limited RAV4 months ago and got tired of waiting for that to arrive. We waited about 100 days after ordering, and were told that it might be 100 more days. We saw the Highlander -- hadn't really considered it because we drew the line on price and fuel efficiency previously in going with the RAV, but the price came down to the point we could afford it, and the gas mileage is acceptable, and the comfort is excellent. I'm a Toyota fan -- I drove a T-100 pickup to 230K miles with minimal expense. Although we're dissappointed with the non-availabiliy of the Limited RAV, it was a blessing in disguise --

Long Lasting!

Peter Fenner, 03/25/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in March, 2007 and have 163,000 miles on it. I've done all the maintenance but my repair bill has been exactly $10 for a new gas cap! It's by far the most reliable car I have ever had and it still runs like new! The only negative is that even with the V6, it's a little sluggish, but it rides smooth and has never let me down. As far as maintenance, the brakes are very strong, I can stop on a dime, and last a long time (around 75,000 miles). The tires do wear fairly quickly. Overall, how much more can I ask for and given how it's running, even though I have the itch for a new car, why would I? It will be interesting to see how long it lasts - As I mentioned before, it sounds no different than when I drove it off the lot! Ok, it's three weeks after I wrote the above review. The transmission died just short of 164,000 miles. It's a bit disappointing to say the least. Still a good car but I expected it to last beyond 200,000 miles. Donated it to Goodwill and bought a Honda CRV. Oh well

12345...9