Used 2004 Toyota Highlander Consumer Reviews

Used Highlander for Sale
Select your model:
12345...58

Pros
Cons

Solid As A Rock

Steve, 02/23/2010

We have had our Highlander since it was new and run up 70k on it. So far so good. No major problems. I have only changed the oil and tires. We do have an AC problem with it getting warm as you turn corners or hit a bump. Its a common problem and you need to pull out the control panel and soder the wires back on. I will get around to it some time. The gas mileage is fine for a midsize SUV, what do people expect when the buy the car? Highway driving will get you maybe 22 if you drive 65 otherwise its 19-20 mpg. Combined we average about 17. The Highlander suffers from some wind and road noise and the back seat could use a little more leg room. I have found it to be a very capable car.

Good, but need better mileage &visabilit

twr923, 03/19/2004

Love Love Love the Highlander, but I have noticed when changing lanes, visability on the side is impaired, hate hate the mileage, seem to be putting more and more gas in it than my 1999 camry, can anything be done, otherwise, great vehicle, good family car

2004 Toyota Highlander

Desarae, 02/08/2007

This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned! I keep up with the recommended maintenance and have NEVER had a problem. The oxygen sensor had to be replaced but that was covered under the warranty. At 73,000 miles, I am still running the original tires (with every other oil change rotation). Sometimes after a check-up, the tire pressure sensor light comes on (on the dashboard) and has to be reset. This usually only happens when the tires are rotated. My Highlander is a Katrina survivor. It survived 4 feet of water (NONE in the engine or interior) and a 30 foot pine tree ($8,000 in damage). We have been considering adding a Hybrid to the family.

Perfect

Helen Stein, 04/19/2016
Limited AWD 4dr SUV w/3rd Row (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this car in 2004 brand new. Has been terrific all these years. Basically just required maintenance. Have taken it to the Rockies and the Smokies several times and have not had any problems. Love this car! We have 155,000 miles on it, what can I say, it's a Toyota!

Overall Great With a Few Questions Marks

Trying to Decide, 01/05/2010

I purchased in 2007 with under 30,000 mi. Now at 95,000 mi curious if it'll start needing repairs. Until now, virtually maintenance free. Snatches a little at take off or low speeds; hope no transmission issue. Love the height and lumbar support for my aching back. It's really easy to park and handling is good. Miss the handling of my sporty Acura coupe, but love the fact I can make the long trips without constant stops to stretch my back. Sometimes wish I had AWD, but we get snow once or twice a year, so I just park up the hill on level ground. Spoiled with the cargo space-I don't want a car! Great vehicle overall, but a little overpriced purchased new. Happy I made this purchase.

12345...58