2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

Great transportation
By Bob

2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought hybrid and very happy with performance and mpg obtained. Handles great and ride is comfortable. Roomy for all passengers.

Squeak
By Mbuck

2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It would’ve been a deal breaker had I known that Toyota doesn’t provide loaner cars when warranty work is being done. A $50,000 car should get a loaner. Never again. This is my 4th Toyota and my 2nd highlander hybrid. They are a very nice vehicle, however after about 9 months my brakes or suspension started making a noise. I’ve had it in for specific service over six times and had to beg for a loaner car, which I eventually got. The problem still exists and it is almost June, 7 months later! So if u don’t mind spending $50,000 and get so-so service with no courtesy car, then do it. I’ve always trusted Toyota but their customer service rules are lacking.

29 mpg on this hybrid SUV? - NEVER
By George Atanasoff

The car is well done, drives great, looks beautiful! It would worth the money if there were no problems with the following: 1) Gas mileage. I am driving my new Highlander Hybrid for already 3,000 miles. In mostly city driving the car hardly makes 22 mpg (it is supposed to make 29 mpg). In combined city-highway driving the car barely reaches 25 mpg. The same story would be with any non-hybrid model. Why pay almost $7,000 more for a hybrid??? 2) The navigation is horrible. I traded my Acura for this Toyota, and Acura has a nice and intelligent navigation system. This navigation system is a joke. Every day I drive the same roads to go home and to work, but this silly navigation system always sends me to some other roads, which make no sense at all. Even worst than that: it cannot find my home address. The redirecting feature when there is a congestion is completely useless. The response is very slow too. It is the worst navigation system that I have ever owned. 3) The cargo area is large, but there is no single separate storage compartment. You just have to throw your stuff there and hear it moving all around as you drive. The cargo cover is not included, you have to buy it separate. And, guess what?: they offer only black and brown. Having ash upholstery with black cargo cover looks bad.

Fun and spunky SUV but also like a golf cart too
By M. Chris Bannier

2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Has the get up and go but also is so quiet and just glides at times. Fun to drive and incredibly comfortable. I have only had it for 1 week so still a lot to learn about it but so far I am very happy with the MPG I am getting (which is why I bought a hybrid).

Compromise King
By Yesmarcus

An excellent compromise between the larger 7 seaters and the more compact SUVs, but partly because the Highlander is the only real option in this size. Quality you’d expect from a Toyota. Entune and lack of CarPlay are by far the biggest disappointments, followed closely by lack of memory positions and limited adjustments in the drivers seat. Hybrid engine adds a little bit of welcomed pep.