Used 2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Echo Echo Echo
By ME2

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great little car. Remember, it's still a 4 cylinder. I've put over 375,000 on mine

Best car ever made
By Greg tritle

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My car is actually a 2001 Echo cool. It's the best little car that I've ever owned and I'm 66 1/2 years old. I just got 44 MPG's all city. It's so reliable ride so beautifull.air conditions phenomenal. I love them God instantly used to the center consul. The material holds up well. It's just a fantastic car if I can marry this car I would ..

Toyota Echo - Big Little Car!
By FDW

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this 2001 model in 2014 as a high mileage "used" second car from a dealer when it had slightly less than 190K miles on it. Only quirks I had were the auto shift display bulb went out (I am handy and removed the arm rest to access) Thanks for the video YOUTUBE! Door (outside) handles in rear flop but work well - need to replace - a small plastic part breaks inside and for OEM you need to paint new handles $$. Also Check Engine Light went on a couple of times - mechanic reset advised prob a smog problem costing $400 in the future. My son and I cheered as it passed the #200K mile mark and he video'd it for me. I almost hit a 4 x 4 on a Northern CA freeway once - I probably for safety should have driven over it. My point - some body roll as it is a tall car. Very zippy. A/C vents blow well, defrost too. Big trunk. Aftermarket stereo makes the interior a speaker. I replace the battery every couple of years, too. Some minor nuisances - the glove box is a 2-part endeavor but works. Gas tank access is locked from inside (yay). Easy to park. People may make jokes but it is fun to drive. A smaller car - no ABS so drive defensively. Some of the outside trim breaks (around the grill tabs, etc.) Happened in its prior life. No timing belt to change (mechanical type!) Drive safe!

if you break it, extremely low price to fix it
By Jeremiah Hawkins

2001 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you cant live without the finer things dont buy this car. But if you want a truly reliable, low maintenance, great gas mileage and low price used car with no worries about any type of previous driving history.... then this car just makes perfect sense. I've drove my echo since 2004 as my first car and I still drive it today with current odometer reading of 350,919 miles. **warning car perfectly matched for logical, non flashy people who value finer things in life more than a flashy transportation vehicle****

ps. Best purchase and investment I have made so far in my life.

Pss. Sorry for the bad grammer, I chose to write a review but initially was looking for alloy rims for my whip. #thebluelagoon #thatsitsnickname

Pss too many low cost aftermarket modifications to choose from and google easily guides how to install every single one. So if you need usb or bluetooth no problem. The way the sound bounces off the interior design makes the stock speakers incredible.

Pss im not a mechanic but this car was built for begginer do it yourselfers. Ive changed or fixed with my own hands oil, front and rear brake pads, rotars, and even calipers, 02 scensors, dashboard lights, cd player, fuses, flat tires, tire rotation.

always goes anywhere any time! Perfect car.
By Matthew Langer

2001 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

its not what you want its what you need! Still the perfect car