Used 2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )

Green Monster !
By Kelly Mahon

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe

I Absolutely Love my 2000 Echo! It is 18 years old. It is great in the snow and handle great on the road. Yes I had to replace tires, 2 batteries, and Radio ,but nothing major. I would be this car again tomorrow !

Amazing tho Small
By Linda Miklowitz

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was always amazed at the torque in 2nd gear. I once pulled past a Corvette. The driver and I each gave each other looks of surprise. I was impressed by the reliability and the fuel economy.

Unstoppable, Well-Engineered Car
By sgtofmarines75

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this car brand new in 2000.
13 years and 220,000 miles later, I have no plans to let it go anytime soon.
Replaced the catalytic converter at about 150,000 miles, but no other repairs ever needed - routine maintenance only.
It does leak some oil now, but that's to be expected at this age.
34-36 MPG avg. combined, city and hwy.

Incredibly roomy interior and trunk, given the car's tiny exterior.
Interior features are simple and "plastic-y" but are rugged.

Engine has plenty of power and pep, but handling leaves a bit to be desired, especially when taking curves at high speed, or in stiff winds.

Hard to beat for simple, reliable, and comfortable transportation

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Surprisingly peppy engine with lots of power. Spacious interior. Large trunk. Love the center console display.

Power windows and cruise control would have been nice options. High-speed handling does not inspire confidence. Strong winds can push it around a bit.

I may make the foreign car leap...
By rcfk

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe

Just got this little car so I can park my big ol' Ford F-150 gas guzzler for a while. Was not expecting much- but it is surprisingly fun to drive. It feels much larger than it's subcompact size, and the trunk is rather roomy. The check engine light was on when I got it, and like everyone else, it's O2 sensors. It is by no means a sports car, but with 198,000 miles on it- there are NO rattles and it feels solid. The interior is in remarkable condition considering the age and miles. It was filthy when we got it- we gutted the interior and cleaned everything and it is very close to new looking now- proving the durability of the interior. I don't think I will regret this purchase.

Fun to drive, economical (!), quirky design, nothing to break (no power windows or locks)m sturdy, durable.

Can't really think of any.

Keeping it forever
By jgc

2000 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 10 years ago. On my first long drive to Northern California , on HWY 5, I looked down at the speedometer and I was driving 105 mph. Honest officer, It felt like I was only going 60. No quivering, no shaking, no instability. Just a very smooth and confident ride at pretty high speed for this little coupe. When we first drove it home the neighbors with the big trucks laughed at the car, but when the gas shortages happened I was the one laughing . It's extremely reliable. No major repairs at all. Even though I'm shopping for a new car I won't get rid of My Echo. I just gave it a major tune up, oil change, brakejob, and changed a belt. Probably good for another 100,000 miles

The pep, quickness, and acceleration in my stick shift Echo Coupe. The fuel economy. 41 MPG on the freeways. 33 mpg around town. For a car built in 2000. Interior cabin space is really good for a small car.

I would suggest they they make the Echo again. That would be an improvement.