Used 1999 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Corolla for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Pretty good reliable car

Melissa, 04/05/2008
CE 4dr Sedan

I was very much enjoying my little Toyota. It got pretty good gas mileage and didn't need much maintenance. My car was totaled, so I don't get to drive it anymore. I think if you get one low mileage you can drive the wheels off of it! The only complaint is that back seat space is tight.

Toyota 99

Yaroslav, 08/15/2020
CE 4dr Sedan

Just bought my own first car CE 1999 with 202k miles on odo. Runs great ! Love lil thing ! I’m tall 6’4 guy so comfortable ride isn’t one but it’s just does the job !

My Cockroach

Ag, 04/16/2021
CE 4dr Sedan

This is it. The ugliest, best car ever. I am a self taught mechanic and except for one job, I've done everything to my Rolla that it's needed. Parts are cheap and usually easy to find. I heard that many Corollas have a severe engine vibration. Mine did when I bought it but after a few oil changes, new plugs and a new muffler, as soon as she is warm she smoothes out completely and drives nicer than my brother's 16 Civic. Car handles very well even if power is somewhat low. Tall or larger folks have difficulty in it, but for small people like me, it's fine. It's surprisingly comfy and ergonomic. This car is SPARTAN. "Brakes good, tires fair" or, "frame is bent, muffler went; radio, it's ok". You know what I mean. It's a Volkswagen Beetle in nineties format. It is simply CAR, not automobile or even whip. It's as basic as they don't come anymore. If you need a reliable, cheap car, this is absolutely the best choice out there. Even with 180k or so, they just run. You won't turn heads and you may yawn while trying to get up to highway speeds, but the amount of money you'll save driving these cockroaches is awesome. After owning mine for about five years, driving every day, doing all regular maintenance and getting new tires twice, I don't think I've paid more than 5k. That's including purchase price of 1,300 cash, and that's including insurance. One of the best choices I have ever made.

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder

kenwid1988, 12/24/2012
VE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 Corolla VE out of desperation. Needed something to replace my 1993 Accord with almost 300K miles (no kidding). I wish I would have taken my time, because I'm not loco for this car. It is too basic. I bought it in Nov. 2007 with 76K miles for $9K! I felt it was too much, but OMG it was a Toyota. Quality this, quality that. Yeah, this car can take a beating, and still run its little sluggish heart. But it is ugly in the back LOL! It looks mad as hell in the back with it's squinting eye taillight design LOL! It's probably mad that it can't perform worth words I cannot say at church. If ANYTHING, get an LE model and not the VE, at least you can have power everything. VERY LEAST!

Toyota Carokka ,1999

tom madigan, 04/08/2003
LE 4dr Sedan

Excellent condition. Druves smothly. No mechancal problems. Good gas mmileage.Low maintainence. New Tires/ brakes.