2015 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Very poor Audio/Speakers & Leather seats
By Saliman

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Absolutely hate the audio system on this 2016 XSE camry! Took it to the dealer today just to check it out, but they found out that it's functioning normally. There's not pure/rich sound, it's very basic, and when the volume is up, it's pretty much loud noise! I drove a 2014 rental camry and it had an amazing stereo system, but the sound on this 2016 isn't even close to it, not sure why that is! The leather seats are not comfortable at all, I keep adjusting the seat every time I get in the car, ...made in the USA by a buch of rednecks, what can I say!

Quiet, reliable and efficient
By druid

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a very gently used 2015 LE a few months ago. As of this moment, it has 8000 miles on it. I've not had to do anything except fill gas and change the oil. The automatic transmission is very smooth and efficient , in fact I might say it hunts too much for efficiency. When you are at 60 mph and you floor the pedal, it's a little hesitant to downshift and give you an acceleration boost. I suspect this is because the transmission wants to hold a higher gear for as long as possible. In any case for the vast majority of the time the transmission is fine. When I do 75-80 mph I consistently get 31-32 mpg. When I drop down to 70 mph I see 33-34. And if i do between 50 to 60 mph mpg goes to 35+. I think this mpg is extremely good for a car this size and weight. When compared to the 2007-2011 models this car is quiet, engine noise is reduced. There is some road noise on rough pavement - I measured it at 63 db at 65mph. The LE ride is not as firm as the SE but the car still does not roll. It feels tight and good. The seats on the 2007-2011 model I think are better and softer than this LE. But only by a little bit. The interior could do with fewer hard plastics. I wish the LE came with side mirror defoggers. If anything is terrible in this car, it has to be the audio system. There is no bass at all. If the audio system were not integrated with the camera, I would change it in a heart beat. I have no clue how Toyota put this audio system in here. I am going to drive this for the next 5 years at least and hope it will be as reliable as the previous gen cars.

I don't get it
By Dean

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading all these negative reviews. I must have gotten lucky. I traded in my Mercedes Benz C320 for this car and I am not disappointed at all. I am not getting any rattling, road noise is at a minimum, navigation and braking is wonderful. I love this car. Sound system is great and the bluetooth is easy to understand and operate. I feel this is probably one of the if not the best car I ever owned.

Should have kept my 2006 Toyota Camry
By Fran S.

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It has a hard, noisy ride. I actually took it back inside of 30 days and only was told "let some air out of the tires". Car is "windy" you hear too much road noise and highway fumes easily penetrate. Features I find unacceptable, hard ride, poor seat adjustment, navigation panel cannot be seen with any amount of sunlight due to it's position, front side posts block some of view-bad safety issue, rear window poor design-it is sloped to where any amount of dust or build up rain does not drain off-it must be car washed or hand washed, rear camera at times occluded by rain. It does not have the pep as my 2006 4 cly. And yes, I am writing to complain about the design features and my dissatisfaction, to me this car has design impairments that become safety hazards. I got a good price on the car as it was an XLE loaner, but I am now stuck with it. I am seriously considering selling it to CarMax and getting an older car. Very sad state of affair, the old toyota's were made much better.

2015 Toyota Camry SE 2.5 (6-speed auto)
By The guy who will never drives a Camry again

2015 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am eventually giving up loyalty with Toyota Camry after 20 years of driving on 4 generation of Camry. I made a big mistake to buy the 2015 Camry SE instead of researching more on a Honda Accord or Nissan Altima. The Camry was way under power and it made so much road noise on highway as though you were driving a 10 year old car. Braking system is pretty bad that you have to press hard on brake for a stop. The seats are rough and pain in the butt after an hour drive (not comfort at all). The only good thing on this car is having more space and leg room and a back up camera as a standard compare to the previous model. So as you read this, do try to give yourself a good test drive on highway if you really want a Camry. My guess you better off with the LE model since the struts are not stiff and you have a normal tires. Anyway, regardless of what model of Camry you buy (4 or 6 cylinders) they are all under power and it will make you very frustrated for the money you paid. I later try a test drive on a Nissan Altima and the Honda Accord and what I would say both the Nissan and the Accord are excellent drive and comfort. If in the scale 1-10 of rating I would rate the Camry 5 and the Altima/Accord would be 9. One more thing to note, The Nissan Altima is the best for the comfort, space, and gas mileage.