Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best all around car I ever have owned
By Charles M.

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been so good. It never let me down. It is not going to wine sports car of the year, but it is a better vehicle than all the different German cars that I have lived to drive, but hated to own. Love having a vehicle I can count on!

Transmission defect?
By Rws

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2000 Corolla for the last 15 years and not one problem. I got this 2011 XLE with a V6, and it has been excellent for about a year. I bought it used with 160000 miles on it. But today the transmission started making an intermittent slipping noise. You can see the RPM go up and you can also hear something that sounds like leather spinning against metal, like a belt sliding up against something. This is a huge disappointment for a Toyota. I didn't spend $9, 500 for a used car to have to spend $3, 000 for a transmission. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm going to have to have it looked at I suppose. Research is now showing it is a problem and Toyota is of course not acknowledging anything. The stereo and the V6 acceleration has been excellent. The ride is so so. With new tires I still feel just about every bump in the road when I'm going slowly. Short version is this transmission thing is scary because Transmissions are the nightmare item to try to fix. Unemployed and in school, unbelievable.

NOT THE BEST DEPENDABLE CAR FOR ANY YEAR...
By Dee/nashville, tennessee

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

bought this care 2011 987 miles. now at 125, 900 miles 7 years later. engine completely quit on me. had routine maintenance including oil changes every 5000 miles by dealer.. Never took my car anywhere else for maintenance other than tire shop for new tires. No check engine light never or warning lights to let me know something was wrong with vehicle. just quit on me . had it diagnosed and from report - something malfunctioned inside of engine. I always thought Toyota cars would at least reach 200,000 miles OR AT LEAST 150,000. before any major problems. Never will purchase a Toyota - YOU HAVE LET ME DOWN. I Know am venting. but I always wanted a dependable car and this is not the car i will ever consider dependable.

Awesome car
By G

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car in July 2011 and currently have 197,000 miles. Only issue I ever had with it was the alternator failed. Nothing but routine maintenance and oil changes. With synthetic oil, I change my oil every 5000 miles. Runs like a top. Some clicking in the steering wheel but not a big issue. I keep wanting to trade it in for something else, maybe something a little bit more luxurious, however I am looking forward to cracking 200,000 miles. I like to keep my cars long-term and tend to be practical. This car is super reliable. It does handle a little bit weak in the snow and I wish it was all wheel drive. I use snow snow tires to get up my driveway. With snow tires it runs well.

Tire Pressure Warning Light
By Florence S.

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's very convenient to have a tire pressure warning light as a feature of this automobile. However after 7 years and 73,000 miles the warning light goes on and stays on, causing the dashboard to appear to be reporting something that needs attention. The air in the tires was exactly right, I learned. However the warning light stays on because the SENSORS in two of the tires are worn out and need to be replaced. It costs about $100 per tire to have this fixed. I do not like this feature because it stops working over time.