Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2008 camry - steering problems at 68,500 miles
By AAA AAA

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The 2008 camry is not a good vehicle - Problems encountered: Leaking steering rack recommended replacement by dealer at less than 60,000 miles. The Toyota dealer does a poor job and the steering completely fails less than 2 years later. The car consumes oil and it can lose more than a quart in 1,500 miles. The ignition key broke in half and needed replacement. The sun visors do not stay up, blocking the view and had to be taken off. The dashboard is literally flaking off. There are other more intermittent problems. I do not even have confidence the car will last to 100,000 miles. This car was purchased new and was not abused.

Worst camry I ever owned!
By Adam Sh.

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When my car was totaled I started looking to buy another car and since I owned 5 other camrys in past (86,90,96,2000,2005) i did not look for any other cars except camry. I should have listened to my wife and bought rav4 or 4runner. This car has not been anything but headache. I only drive around 5k year. I changed breaks and rotors at 25k, axle boots 30k, 4 tires 36k, and finally spend $2k on changing all the oxygen sensors and catylc converter. Now steering column make noise, ac makes noise and car makes a clicking noise in turns. Dealerships are not like what they used too. Thier mission is to sells the cars cheap but make tons of money on the repairs. Unfortunately this is going to be my last camry and can't wait to get ride of it.

reliable ride
By Lynn

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car 10 years ago and have never had a major mechanical issue. Front brakes and rotors, once and told at inspection will probably need rear brakes next inspection/9/19. Major issue with the car are the wheels, even sealed tires lose air. Paint dull at this stage. 31 mpg on highway

This car drives you
By Robin

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best car ever. For the money cant beat great car

Nothing but problem!
By John Ciz

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the car 5 years, it gave me just headache. After 40k miles problems started one and other; engine light because of the oxygen sensor , water pump replaced , front struts replaced because of vibration and nothing changed, 4 tires mounted around 50k miles and didn’t fix the vibration, paint faded ( always garaged ) and Toyota refused to fix. All these problems are known for year 2007 and 2008 Camry, just search them, there are technical service bulletins (tsb). Around 65k miles. The engine started burning oil, took the car to diagnostic they said it was normal, and sent me a letter if it was getting worst it would be covered under warranty. So I was tired of having all these and looked like vibrating and burning oil issues were not going to be resolved, I traded it. It was my 3rd and last Toyota.