Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

This car drives you
By Robin

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best car ever. For the money cant beat great car

Nothing but problem!
By John Ciz

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned the car 5 years, it gave me just headache. After 40k miles problems started one and other; engine light because of the oxygen sensor , water pump replaced , front struts replaced because of vibration and nothing changed, 4 tires mounted around 50k miles and didn’t fix the vibration, paint faded ( always garaged ) and Toyota refused to fix. All these problems are known for year 2007 and 2008 Camry, just search them, there are technical service bulletins (tsb). Around 65k miles. The engine started burning oil, took the car to diagnostic they said it was normal, and sent me a letter if it was getting worst it would be covered under warranty. So I was tired of having all these and looked like vibrating and burning oil issues were not going to be resolved, I traded it. It was my 3rd and last Toyota.

Owned for 10 years
By D'Vyne

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

No problems with this vehicle. Kept up with the maintenance/oil changes. The car was never a problem even when winter temps drop below 0 degrees, this car has never let me down.

Best car I have owned!
By Ron Mansfield

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a loaded 2008 Camry XLE a year ago and l'm very pleased with my purchase. Roomy interior, smooth & quiet ride. The V-4 has plenty of power when needed. Love the JBL stereo, Bluetooth & moon roof. Failed the oil consumption test & Toyota replaced the pistons & rings at 180,000 miles. No other problems or complaints. Replaced the sun visors, added new Michelin Premier A/S tires & do regular maintenance. Very reliable vehicle with plenty of luxury features for the price I paid, overall it's a great car.

What Camry should be!
By Vladimir

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The only reason why I bought the 2008 Camry was because I owned a 1993 Camry that lasted 300,000 mile without any major repair or problem. I bought it used in 2010 with 28000 miles, it was a lease return vehicle. 100,000 miles later, it still looks and drives like new and never had any major problems with it. The only thing I repaired in the car was the rear passenger hub bearing which cost less than $150. I just replaced the original brakes last year simply because I wanted to. I changed the tires twice and battery one time, usual car wear and tear. It is nice to drive, comfortable and quiet. The only this I probably don't like with this car is that it drives very light, too light for the size and type of car. Toyota contacted me for all of the recalls and they fixed those. They sent me extended warranties for the dashboard (cracks and warp dashboard) and engine (excessive oil loss), but never had to use them. We really need a van or SUV for the growing family, but we can't imagine trading or selling this car since it has been really great to us. Over all we really love this car, at this pace this one might reach 300,000 miles too.