Used 2004 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 314 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best car I ever had
By D Garrison

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There's a reason you see a million of these on the roads.

Cammy the Tank
By Kari

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Oh what a tank this car has been since I purchased it November 2013. A full five years later and she is still chugging along. I got the vehicle with 118,000 miles on it, now it has 340,00 miles. All I've had to do is change fluids and normal maintenance, nothing big. My dad drives the car on a 150 mile roundtrip commute for work 4-5 days a week. She may not be the fastest but she wasn't built for that. My old Camry was built for endurance and she sure does have it where it counts. This is one of the best generations of the Camry ever built!

Good ride but for a bit of window vibration.
By Danial

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car (so far). I have put over 700 miles on it in less than a month and only had to fill up twice. The handling is nice, but the wheel feels a bit on the small side for my hands. I think this car will last for quite a while with low maintenance needs.

4th Camry
By Eugene

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2001 Camry CE 2.2L, 2004 Camry LE2.4L, 2002 Camry xle 3.0l and now this 2004 Camry SE 3.3L my wife has the Lexus 330 yes Lexus rides smother and quitter but the power feel a lot more in the Camry I average about 26 mpg city driving. I had a 04 accord coupe 5 speed 4cyl and averaged about 24mpg. will be buying another Camry in the future as they hold the value even with a salvage title. would recommend this car to anyone. @ 100mph it feels that you are going only 65... not bad at all. yes the transmission can use a little work but it does not bother me so I wont complain..

The Defiition of Ol' Reliable
By Haley

2004 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I don't claim to be the best driver, but I'm certainly not the worst. That being said, my Toyota has been through hell and back. It somehow managed to survive a collision during harsh winter conditions, and the oil tank does have a slight leak, and it still manages to last on the highway for an hour and a half for 5 days a week. Before I crashed I was able to drive this thing all the way from Detroit, MI; to St. Louis, MO; up to Chicago, IL; and back to Detroit. within a weekend. All in all, only paid $140 in gas for the whole trip. As mentioned before, the oil take has a small leak, however, my little Toyota still managed to run on only a quarter of a tank of black oil for a couple of weeks before I finally had my mechanic change the oil. TL;DR, if you're looking for reliability without the flashiness, or if you're just looking for a first time car for your teenager, 2004 Toyota Camry is the way to go.