Used 2001 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Appliance
By John

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The car is exactly what I want in a car. Comfortable, reliable, dependable. I wish it were better in the snow, but that's about the only qualm I can think of.

Old enough to have its own drivers license...
By CamryFan

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I'm still driving my 2001 Camry. It runs great, has never had any mechanical issues, and accelerates (almost) like a batmobile.It has had regular recommended maintenance and a new timing belt, etc. at the appropriate times. But there have been no issues otherwise. It has never failed to start and has been a good all-season car. I live in the upper Midwest and the car does well in rain and snow. I only have 130,000 miles in it, and want to see if it will go beyond 200,000. Those are all good reasons to keep it. But the main reason I still have it is that it has outward visibility that most current cars lack. It doesn't have a backup camera but it doesn't need it because I can SEE !

Easily the best model of Camry ever made
By Warren Moore

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

For many years, my father owned a 2001 Camry LE V6 with all of the trimmings. It was quite a car, and we owned it for over a decade before he finally swapped it for a 2010 Camry Hybrid. I never quite forgot just how nice that '01 was, though, and when it was time to get my own car, I immediately set my sights on finding another '01. It was worth the hunt, as this vehicle is still an amazingly-designed machine. Few cars will serve you as well as a properly maintained '01 Camry, and little is truly needed to keep one maintained. It rides smooth, it accelerates and brakes easily, it has comfortable seating, it has one of the biggest trunks I've ever seen in a sedan... It's not perfect, of course. If you're the sort who wants a flashy car that grabs attention, this is not the car for you. The '01 Camry is the kind of car you drive when you want to be ignored, as only Camry enthusiasts will even notice it. The rear cupholders are flimsy, and odds are that you'll find any '01 you look at doesn't have them any more. You have to be careful with the gas pedal, as this vehicle also predates the modern acceleration control systems: push on that gas pedal hard enough and you will jump from 0 to 30 in under 2 seconds, especially if the car's just started. And of course, being an older car, it lacks the knick-knacks and doo-dads of modern cars. I reiterate: if you want flashy, steer clear, this is a functionality-minded car. But if functionality is your target, you cannot do better than the 2001 Camry. I got this one with 182,852 miles on it, in need of about $500 worth of minor work. It ran acceptably before that work was done, and it has run perfectly since said work was completed.

Great Car
By Ethan

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My grandparents bought this car new in 2001. It is a "Collector Edition" model with two tone paint and I guess a lot of other extras like auto climate control and the classy "wood effect" trim (plastic). The car was given to me from another family member a little over a year ago with 230k miles on it needing brakes and with an exhaust leak. Less than $1,500 later, the car has been perfect. The 8 speaker stereo with 6 CD changer works great, and the a/c is perfect. It now has almost 238k miles and runs better than my Mitsubishi with 150k miles. The V6 has plenty of power even with the a/c running. It's a grandpa car, but I'm hanging onto this as long as I can. The dash has no cracks, and the leather seats are still barely broken in. I've taken it on several 500+ mile road trips and it handles perfect doing 80-90 mph even with the high miles.

My fave auto ever
By Jfritz

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a 2002 Toyota Camery xle with everything on it that was available. Only one owner, great service, never a cigarette, records in glove box. 78,001 miles today. Owned Mercedes, Lexus, + "all new autos" for 45+ yrs. Camery XLE my favorite!!! For comfort, safety, weight, handling, room, look, etc. great 1st or second car.