2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Worth it!
By Steve

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great value.

Best car ever beats the old Caddy.
By Pete Koschelew

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Outstanding performance. Reliably should be grait since there is no mechanical transmission, only a high torque electric motor. No torque converter or clutch.

The best Hybrid ride, makes this driver smile
By Bob near Woodstock

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have friends with other hybrids, like the Prius. But my Camry XLE hybrid feels like quality. Quiet. Solid. Rides like an old Buick or Caddie. Feels like a big car ride but gets 41 mpg. After 18 months and 20,000 miles, I have many praises for this car but only one complaint. The GPS navigation voice system sucks. Horrible voice recognition. Always takes multiple tries before it understands an address, or even understands that you want to go to a new address. Everything else is wonderful. Ride quality, comfort, quiet, even the back seats are more like those of a limo than a midsize sedan. But after five previous Camrys, I'm convinced the XLE is the only trim line to get. The hybrid XLE. Only penalty is a slightly smaller trunk, but it's still more a. Adequate.

Happy with purchase
By K's Hybrid

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Still trying to shed my wistfulness about no longer having an SUV but this car has won me over. Paid $24,000 plus tax, LE, silver metallic which has a slight blue tint. Mileage at 43.1mpg is better than I expected, smooth ride, good acceleration, brakes are fine (not "grabby" as others suggest). CVT is ok, I've learned to goose it/ease off to maximize mpg. Trunk space is eroded by batteries but is OK, fit three sets of golf clubs. Driving is much more solid than I expected from a fuel efficient car, and it has a lovely quiet ride. Before buying I was a little concerned that I didn't see much of this car on the road; after driving for three months I am surprised I don't see more Camry Hybrids out there. It is fine in the rain; just crossing my fingers that it will handle adequately in a Long Island winter. And by the way, $2.37 for a tank of regular will not last forever!

Go Hybrids! Camry efficiency excels again!
By J. DeVries

2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, the trunk is smaller because it's a hybrid. My former Prius had more trunk space because it was a hatchback, but this is because of the hybrid which I believe in, so I adjusted.