Used 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (81 reviews )

Can’t beat a Camry!
By Nick

Original owner.

Best car I have ever owned.
By Camry Hybrid Lover

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car with 51,000 miles on it. It currently has 230,000 miles and drives the same as when I drove it off the lot. The only repair it has required (outside of regular oil changes) was some type of switch for the hybrid system, at 225,000 miles. At the time, my mechanic said that the hybrid battery was still in great shape. This car has been absolutely wonderful - the leather seats are still in great shape, everything works as it should. I am going to try to get 300,000 miles out of it.

You Can’t Kill It
By Cindy Oakley

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my Camry for 8 years and 167,000 miles now with zero maintenance. Other than changing the oil and changing the radiator fluid at 100,000 miles when recommended. I have not even needed to change the brake pads. The interior is still holding up nicely too along with all of the electronics. I’m sure it has at least 50,000-100,000 more miles left in her with little to no maintenance. We have driven it on really long trips for days and days, up and over mountains with no issues as well as being my daily driver to work. I live in the salt belt, park it under a tree that drops cherry like fruit and bird crap on it all the time and the paint and body still looks brand new. This car will be the only car I have truely loved to own and will probably be my all time favorite. It might not turn heads when you drive, but you won’t have to scratch yours in the morning wondering why it’s not working.

96,000 miles and going strong
By Roger Eslinger

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In winter snowy/icy conditions, one must exercise more caution than otherwise as the front wheel drive feature makes driving and handling the car challenging.

I've owned 2: 188K miles and 206K miles
By Lance Woeltjen

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

These cars are awesome automobiles. In all of those miles I have rebuilt rear brakes once each and replaced spark plugs in both cars once at 150K miles. Otherwise, the only problem has been need to replace visors on the higher mileage car and replacement of cruise control switch on the higher mileage car. Living at about 6000 feet in New Mexico (above about 50% of the atmosphere <read lower drag force>) I am getting overall mileage of about 40.5 mpg. I have not noticed any decline in mpg with miles or age of either vehicle.