2019 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews

Pros
Cons

I have had four!

Goldie, 01/24/2019
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am a tiny woman with a job that requires me to be available in any weather. In my car, I am confident that I will make it in blizzard and unplowed roads. Thats why I am driving my fourth one and would not consider anything else.

One of the last true SUVs

Colt, 01/15/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife, my daughter, and I love the 4Runner. It's a tried an true design. One of the last true body-on-frame SUVs. It's rugged, capable, dependable, and stylish. Admittedly, it doesn't have all the new driving assistance features like lane assist, forward emergency braking, or auto pilot. You cant go to sleep at the wheel, you have to drive it. But that's what it's designed for. It's not dependent on pavement. In fact, it prefers to be off the pavement. It's a path finder (not the Nissan), a trail blazer (not the Chevy), a off-road way maker. If that's what you want, this is the apex vehicle for you. Very few other vehicles will be able to show it up. However, if you want a grocery getter, a race car, a autonomous self-driver, a super ECO fuel-saver, or something else, look at something else. This is a purpose built vehicle that exceeds at it's intended goals.

Life Saver

Jennifer , 05/27/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was traveling on interstate and had a brush with a tractor-trailer the sent me into the trees. The gentleman who came to my aide said he was afraid of what he was going to see when he approached my vehicle. I walked away and feel sure had I been in anything else, I wouldn’t be here writing this review...it’s the only vehicle choice for me, it honestly saved my life.

Ad
Build Your 4Runner
Build and Pricetoyota.com

The Best Truck -This is my 5th New 4Runner limited

John Bott, 04/03/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truck that if you take care of it will last 200k no problem. I traded my last limited in for this new 2019 . My old 2012 limited had 160,000 miles and it ran great with little to no issues. My 2019 is a dream the nav is very simple to operate and very accurate. Gas mileage is slightly better than my 2012. I get around 18 average and 20-21 HWY. You can buy a SUV today that is more like a car ride but I prefer the truck feel , sitting up high and my 20 inch wheels look fantastic. It also has a solid feel. Great for carting kids or doing some lite off road. ( I will not take my baby anywhere it will get scratched!) lol. Overall a very nice truck and looks classy and sharp . One thing if I had one request is that I wish it had apple car play. I like not having all that other crap that brakes your vehicle and other intrusive devices! so I like simple . If you like simple this is your truck!. By the way if you like big controls this is it because other trucks have little controls and you cannot use them in the winter when you have gloves on. I also like that this truck is built in JAPAN. The quality shows and the tolerances in workmanship are very good.

She may be dated, but she’s legendary

BigTuna, 03/13/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want more tech, go for the limited. While I miss remote start, CarPlay and sensing features, I’ll gladly give it up for a bulletproof drivetrain, awesome ride, unbeatable off road capabilities, a traditional transfer case and of course, a solid body on frame construction. Resale is always amazing, I love the styling and it has a history that makes me feel like I can go anywhere and do anything confidently.

65 yr. old woman owner!

Donna Hankins, 04/25/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a year of searching what vehicle to buy this suv came out on top! As a formor owner of a ford explorer limited, this suv knocks all others out of the race. I LOVE this vehicle. It can tow my camper trailer, hual my dog and groceries, and take me on long trips comfortably. I don't have to figure out all the fancy add on technology found in other suv`s that I never used, and its beautiful to boot!! A great ride and a must have!

Toyota rules!

H Herman, 11/17/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Cons for some: rides like a truck, doesn't have all the safety features of some of the competition, storage could be better thought out. Pros: solidly built, good headroom, excellent back seat legroom, fast air and seat heat, good turning radius.

This was made for me

Ken, 04/16/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4runner. During the week, I am a buisness man. It meets all the needs of maintaining week day hustle but when the weekend comes it opens the doors to my true passion. I can go camping off road , tow a trailer for the quads or a boat with great ease. The only downside is the navigation system and its user friendliness. Overall I never get jelous when i see 80k-100k SUV becuase I got the right one for myself

Just drive one

john, 05/09/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the absolute latest and greatest tech and you NEED all that gadgetry...look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable ride, fantastic reliability and build quality, insane resale value, tons of functionality and just a car that never disappoints, well that is the 4Runner. Wife and I drove over 20 cars. Jeep, Land Rover, Nissans, Fords etc. Everyhing in the Toyota feels buttoned up, analog / large buttons for easy use and access, doors feel solid, no rattles or squeaks. I personally think the ride is amazing although it is NOT a sporty car and yes, has body lean if you are taking corners fast. You might want to look at the Edge St or a Porsche if that’s you. The 4Runner just IS. Doesn’t need stance or pomp or tons of bells and whistles. We LOVE this car. Two nit picky things. 1. Yes mileage isn’t great but knowing the engine will last me basically forever..I’m ok with it. 2. Engine needs a little more HP. Can be a little sluggish sometimes but you get used to it and the transmission is actually pretty good so it’s not terrible. Again, I didn’t buy this truck for its cornering or speed :)

Off Road Tank

KKN, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to be an off-roader, not everyday commuter. It is exactly what I was looking for, a new vehicle with old school reliability built tough. It has been proven throughout the years and that's why it hasn't changed much. My only complaint is the halogen lights. This should have updated LED's. Everything else is simple and very effective. Update: Had it for over a year now and it still impresses me. Took it around Mojave, Victorville, and Borrego Springs. A lot of aftermarket off-road upgrades out there.

No nonsense off road truck!

DenverJG2019, 07/27/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 4runner TRD Pro about a month ago. I went for the pro because I wanted to enhanced suspension system and not KDSS. I also wanted the skid plates. Yes, it drives like a truck but I don't mind it one bit. I like sitting up high and the suspension can handle city pot holes and the like with ease. It's not going to take sharp corners gracefully but I drive cautiously on pavement so it doesn't bother me. It is a joy to take off road. It gives you complete confidence and lets you have fun. It is 100% built in Japan and it feels and looks like it. It exudes toughness and quality. It is pricey but the money goes into build quality and not tech gadgets or luxury comforts. I like that you have to put the key in to start it. My previous car had push start and I wasn't all that impressed by it. I'm glad other drivers have safety tech but I don't want it. The 2020 has Toyota's safety tech package minus the blind spot assist feature which is the only feature I would have wanted. I bought some of those little round blind spot mirrors. They work great and were only $5. Gas mileage is what it is. The price you pay for driving a truck like this. The 2019 4runner does not have Apple play, Android auto etc and the screen is smaller than the one on the 2020. I don't care about these things. The included Toyota navigation system is IMHO pretty great. Its better than the Garmin GPS I had in my previous car. The size of the screen doesn't make it hard for me to use the navigation or any other feature. I'd rather have the real estate for knobs, buttons, etc. I wasn't looking for a "digital car." I love, love, love the big knobs. So easy to adjust while you're moving. No fumbling around. After driving it on pavement and off road for a month I have no complaints. It is renown for it's reliability so I expect no problems in the future. My last car was a Highlander and it went 96,000 miles with no problems of any kind. The 4Runner is a tank. But that's exactly what I was looking for.

2019 4Runner TRD Off Road

Former Jeep Guy, 12/11/2018
TRD OFF-ROAD 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability and safety? Inclimate weather? Not a problem. Only drawback is the sparse and antiquated driver assist features. This is more of a utilitarian beast that's home on road and off. Hands down winner over the last 14 Jeeps I've owned. (Slow learner I guess.) . Easy to drive and maneuver. Buy the extended warranty offered by Toyota. Like most manufacturers, 3yr/36000 as a standard warranty, leaves you open to expense should anything go wrong down the road.

4Runner SR5 Premium 4WD

Dan L., 05/20/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck. Solid feel. Love the higher ride. Not quick but plenty of cruising power. Controls are in the right places; very simple to use. Took it on a road trip the week after we bought it and love it. Couple of caveats 1) no keyless push button starter? To me that’s an oversight in an SUV this nice. 2) middle row does not fold flat in the SR5 with a third row. TRD models all lack a third row but the seats fold flat in the back. 3) gas mileage is underwhelming. I wasn’t expecting too much from a large displacement 6-cyl but we couldn’t even manage 20mpg over 900 miles of highway. 4) voice activation on nav system is quirky. Toyota just needs to refine this truck a bit and it will be top notch. It’s really close already and I look forward to the many adventures ahead of us.

Number 1

T Mck, 05/01/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2012 Limited has 248078 miles on it and made 1 repair at 246000 to the altenater -you can not beat the 4 runner - will let you know when I hit 300000

No nonsense off road truck!

DenverJG2019, 07/27/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Toyota convert, won’t be my last!

John B., 04/09/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If my new TRD 4Runner had 100 horsepower, I’d be in heaven. Otherwise, it is a great ride. It’s a blend of old and new tech, which at almost 50, I welcome. I haven’t gotten it muddy yet, but that day is coming. Traded an ecoboost lariat f150, only thing I miss is the power, but not the problems. LOVE the slide down rear window like in the Tundra.

Love My TRD PRO

Chip, 03/15/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, Cool, Expensive to buy, Love the simplicity of the controls, Very nice ride with the Fox Shock Package.

Mom's toy

Jerry Hilt, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle was bought as a replacement for a 2016 Tacoma. It is much easier to get in and out of plus parking is easier. The fuel economy is about the same as the Tacoma and this has a larger engine. Overall the vehicle exceeded our expectations.

Simple - but Awesome

A-Man, 06/12/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is not a plush, cushy crossover. If that is what you want - don't get a 4Runner. If you want a solid, no frills, real SUV that will hold up for a very long time - this is your vehicle. It does not get fantastic fuel mileage. It is not the smoothest vehicle. It is not the easiest to get in and out of - but if you miss the vehicles that felt like vehicles instead of the wanna-be crossover trend everything is going to, then get a 4Runner.

Check It Out First!

Adventure Ready 4Runner, 09/18/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a Grand Cherokee (Limited) and several recalls with so/so reviews later I decided to try the 4Runner. Love it! Fits like a glove, I'm only 5'5" so that's really important to me. Can see out of it easily with great visibility. No worries about reliability or excess tech going wonky. Smooth on paved roads and amazing on trails and off road. Yes it's not as "smooth" as a crossover but it is not based on a car platform. It has more than enough power and the engine isn't taxed like most 4 cylinders either. It will hold it's value better than any of them as well. All and all totally satisfied with the TRD Off Road 4Runner!

Great vehicle except for nav

RIslander, 02/16/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I’m really pleased with it except for the navigation system. The nav system is not user friendly nor clear compared with after-market systems like those offered by Alpine. Toyota is so advanced when it comes to automobile technology with the exception of their entertainment and navigation systems. It’s very surprising.

Real suv

D. Vosler, 04/11/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Considered several wantabee suv’s. None had the capabilities of the 4runner for the cost. Spending 2 or 3 times for the same off-road capability is ridiculous. This vehicle is a sport utility vehicle. It’s not a car trying to pass itself off as a 4-wheeler. It also can tow 5000 lbs. which few others can accomplish unless you buy the $12,000 more version. I bought it at the start of winter as a ski vehicle which it accomplished in style. Plenty of cargo capacity for skis and duffle bags, plus the dog. A stick would make it better and doing away with emergency enhanced braking. At first I thought I had to pump the brakes because there was air in the lines. Time for engineers to try to stop driving the car and make up for poor driving ability.

Smooth ride

Erica allen, 12/11/2018
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish the interior had a button to pop the back door open instead of having to use the key.

Great SUV

NmIce, 07/21/2019
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4Runner is a last trie body on frame SUV with great off-road capability, solid ride, great curb appeal, reliability and safety. Not to mention plenty of cargo space. I've wanted one for years and it does not disappoint!

Somewhat old school but very well built

M from Dallas , 08/11/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd 4Runner and glad I went back to Toyota. I’ve owned Toyotas in the past then experimented with other car brands but always had little issues with those other manufacturers. Returning to a Toyota, especially a 4Runner, helped me appreciate the build quality and excellent QC. True it doesn’t have the ride comfort of a crossover nor the gas mileage, but this 4Runner has great build quality and I know I can drive it for a long time trouble free. Engine is powerful enough and ride is like a truck but not bad. Absorbs road imperfections really well and handling is sufficient. Interior is simple but well put together. I’m expecting many years of trouble free maintenance, similar to other Toyotas I’ve owned in the past.

Super reliable but behind the times

Stephen Stephens, 04/04/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a super reliable old school off the road SUV this is it. Needs upgrades in lighting and comfort features.

2019 4Runner TRD Pro - Tall Driver Review

Out of WA, 05/26/2020
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm pretty tall - 6'4" - and I have both sub-par knees and a once-broken tailbone that never fails to give me fits on long drives. Comfort and reliability are very important metrics for me. I now have owned the 2019 4Runner TRD Pro for ~8 months and I'd say it's a mixed, but generally positive, bag. Right up front: comfort could be (much) better. It took me weeks to settle into a comfortable driving position, coming from a Chevy Silverado that was immediately comfortable the very first time I drove it right up until I traded it in. The 4Runner's seats are decent enough, although the cushioning on the bottom leaves something to be desired and gets the old tailbone complaining. The main issue is the headroom and lack of sufficient adjustment. If the wheel would come out another inch or two inches, it would help tremendously. This is not an issue just for me - there are whole forum posts dedicated to tall people considering extending their steering column just to get comfortable. Additionally, my head is right up at the roof line even with the seat down as far as it can go - and I can't lean back too far or I'm either reaching straight out with my arms for the steering wheel, or my knees will be up touching the wheel. I've since taken to using a (thin) memory foam pad on the bottom and just kept working at adjusting the seat until I found a decently comfortable position. That said...I definitely miss my Silverado in that regard. The other big cons for the 4Runner? A fairly old and wheezy engine (although it gets up and goes decent enough) when on the road (it's an awesome, torquey beast off-road, in it's element), pretty terrible gas mileage (I knew what I was getting into, but it's still sad to see a V6 getting consistently worse mileage than my full sized pickup with a V8 was getting), and ancient headunit/tech (the 2020 does better here...but bear in mind the 2020 has no CD player, so if you like listening to CDs or check out books on CD from the library for your commute like I do, keep that in mind!). Also, the 'premium' stereo system is...awful. I'm an audio nut, I have a degree in audio engineering, have worked in the field, etc, and this system is objectively bad. I've tweaked the bass, mids and treble to get close-to-listenable audio, but it's remarkably poor for being the 'best' you can get in a 4Runner. For what it's worth, I test drove a Land Cruiser at the same time and the sound system (also JBL) wasn't much better in a vehicle almost 2x more expensive. Definitely some work to be done here, Toyota - the standard (non-premium) system in the Silverado was far superior. I also know you *can* do better, as the Mark Levinson systems I've heard in some Lexus vehicles is top-notch. But...I still give my rig 4 stars. Why? Even with all of the above, if you know and accept what you are getting, you will be happy/thrilled. This is a bullet-proof, made-in-Japan (for the TRD Pro) and nearly unstoppable rig. The suspension on the TRD Pro is fantastic, absorbing bumps like nobody's business around town and letting me cruise down a forest ranger trail with aplomb. It's quiet inside, even compared to the pretty-darn-quiet Silverado or my wife's Camry. The Nitto Grapplers proved their worth in the snow this past winter, getting me right up the neighborhood hill when all out neighbors (and my wife's Camry) couldn't make it and slid back down. I did that in 4 wheel high without even activating 4-lo or terrain management or crawl control - just didn't need it. And that's why, in a nutshell. We bought this rig for an every-day-driver bug out vehicle that's far, far easier to maneuver around town/parking lots than our Silverado. The storage space in the back isn't the most in the SUV business, but it's enough for our bug out stuff and it'll still swallow a Costco load besides. It's simply tremendously well put together, built in Japan with 100% Japanese components (for the TRD Pro), and all those old technologies (engine, transmission, mechanical four wheel drive transfer case) mean long-term proven reliability. If you want something that's going to start up every day no matter what, can take you to work safely and in relative comfort, and will let you and your family cross a mountain in at the drop of a hat, there's not too many other alternatives out there, especially if you want all that the moment you drive it new off the dealer lot with a full manufacture's warranty in place.

4 runner limited 2019 AWD

Yosvy from Miami, 10/29/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2019 limited AWD, this an expensive SUV although, I got a good deal on the 2019 model on this October .It is very strong and reliable ,definitely a TRUE SUV .However ,for the money you pay on this model, it should have a few more extras .Fist off, we are in the first quarter of the 21 century and car technology has jumped really fast.However,on this vehicle,the trunk door must be close by hand, not only is tall and kind of heavy but honestly Toyota can add that feature so you can close the trunk with your key or from inside the car.No to mention the cell phone charger, its like any other lower category vehicle. People talk about more sensors for the blind spot etc.. but none compares with MPG.What in the world is that!The max I get is 16 maybe 17 on the highway,that is driving at 70 to 80 m/hr, In the city 13 to 14.5 that's it.It looks that the MPG is stock there !I've seen heavier vehicles with better MPG(silverado trucks,F-150,Expedition,Tahoe).This SUV drives really well ,and its confortable. If you get the 5 passenger version forget about sliding the back seats from the bottom they can only folded back or front.I like the cool and heated seats ,however the blue tooth audio connection like many Toyotas don't you expect the best. The JBL speakers are just fine (pioneer better) . Overall, I like the car , I you like off road, this type of SUV fits perfect.Towing capacity 5000 , I guess a 21 ft boat can be easily towed .For a V6 engine is very strong.In addition, to safety this car is tall ,but when it come to turns ,like many trucks or SUV it is really short at cutting left or right.Overall, it is great vehicle an a massive iron brick at the same time, so you and your family be protected.I like the car don't get me wrong, but it just this few things that needs to be improved unless you don't care.

Slow rough riding gas hog

DF, 04/08/2020
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a limited 4runner for the suspension upgrade and I'm disappointed. It is underpowered and on a good day gets 17 mpg

A little dissapointed

Mark B, 12/27/2019
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2015 Toyota Highlander on a 2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD. We are still a little disappointed, in fact we often said we made a bad call trading off the Highlander, thinking we should have either kept it or traded for a New Highlander. The 4Runner is slow to accelerate (unless you press the gas to the floor, which does seem to improve its urgency some), but it always feels strained, heavy and underpowered. Its supposed to be 270 hp, but it sure doesn't feel like it, in fact if you pull a trailer its pathetic. We really don't like the driving position, it feels like your sitting on the floor with your feet pointing forward. There is LESS legroom in the back seat than the Highlander we traded in, a lot less in fact (especially when the front seats are all the way back). It seems dated when it comes to the electrics too, for example most new vehicles have lights which come on when it gets dark, the 4Runner doesn't have that and we miss it. The Highlander has an electric tailgate lowering button, the 4Runner doesn't have that and we miss that too.

Toyota 4 Runner

TK, 01/05/2019

Love this truck!

Love your ride

G G , 11/02/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle for the money. Worth every penny. Great trade in value and extremely durable and comfortable!

Not as comfortable as the Highlander we traded in

Phillipok , 09/02/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So we had a 2015 Toyota Highlander that was roomy, comfortable and powerful and traded it for a new 2019 Forerunner SR5. We test drive the Forerunner twice but didn’t drive it far enough as on the way home from the dealership we found the front and rear seats weren’t as comfy. The seating position is odd too which doesn’t help, it feels like your sitting on the floor with your legs straight forward ! The engine is OK, but feels labored the whole time, especially when starting off from scratch or when driving up a steeper hill. The Highlander has an electric rear hatch closing button, the Forerunner doesn’t have that and we really miss it as the rear hatch is heavy and well strutted. It’s hard to say this as it sounds stupid but the Highlander has more room for the front and rear seat passengers. Admittedly the rear storage area is bigger on the Forerunner but it’s just not comfortable to drive or ride in over longer distances. It also seems the 4 doors crowd sideways into your seating area, sit in one and you will see what I mean. Fuel economy isn’t great either. I’m sure it’s off-road capabilities are good but it’s ride is harsh on rough blacktop roads, especially at speed and the steering takes some getting used to as the vehicle feels twitchy.

Red 4runner

Lee, 10/13/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

5th generation with improved ride and is spacious inside. Unable to lower rear window with key remote as was able with 4th generation. All windows are auto/1 touch for user ease Less storage in glovebox. 2nd row seating reclines for comfort. Look at upgrades for cargo accessories and security, upgrades with key fob. Would recommend researching phone mount. Vent clip/CD player phone mount block radio screen.

On or off road, just plain awesome!

Gator, 01/23/2020
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The last true SUV built on a truck frame. Super comfortable road ride and the authority to go into the badlands! This is the best all around SUV on the market. Even stock off the lot, this is a fun truck.

Like the 4Runner but I was disappointed

Kevin Scherff, 08/02/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a 4Runner for 15 years and I really wanted to buy another but it's really difficult when you compare it to other options. Ride was not terribly smooth but that's to be expected because it's a truck. Infotainment screen is small compared to it's competitors. Virtually no safety features like you find in our comparable vehicles. Fuel mileage is the worst.

Helping my daughter shop!

Brantley Davidson, 07/14/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was helping my daughter shop for a new Toyota 4 Runner. She knew exactly what she wanted, but hates dealing and haggling. I researched the car, looked for what she wanted, shopped the internet for best pricing with NO trade. A bit of looking but found the perfect matching car, called to see if it was in stock, it was and off to the races. She looked, drove and it was the car, so Papa starts the deal maker. She was happy, (me too) made the deal, and of course I helped with the down payment and off to enjoy her new ride. Thanks for the input and help "EDMUNDS", A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE GOES A LONG WAY.

First 4Runner - love it!

Steve, 12/19/2019
TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Saw a 2019 TRD pro in voodoo blue on the dealers off road set up and had to have it. Replaced a 2017 Honda Pilot elite. There were many things I did not like about the pilot, auto-stop, lane keeping assist, lane departure, the ride was too soft, etc... the list goes on. The 4 runner is exactly what I was after. The engine stays on at stop lights, I do all the changing of lanes, I decide when to brake etc... No crossover here! Back to basics in true truck fashion in a gorgeous package. "the wife isn't crazy about the blue". It is a blast to drive. Yes - gas mileage is not good. I knew that going in to it. If you want great gas mileage - buy a Prius. And as for reliability - as the saying goes "If you want to go out to the outback, buy a landrover. If you want to get home from the outback - buy a Toyota"

Limited, Nightshade

Kris808, 07/30/2019
Limited Nightshade Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looks so nice, but the turning radius is terrible!

New runner

Steve Lyman, 07/01/2019

No safety features yet.

Awesome 4runner

Saish reddy Dandu, 07/16/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is not not that luxury.

Engine had leak

Tann, 06/02/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Brought this Toyota 4runner limited 2019 3 months ago from Longo Toyota in Los Angeles and last week I took it for first service and they found leak in the engine and they refuse to replaced me with another 4runner but end up take a engine down and fix it.who want such SUV that had defect on it do not buy the 4runner.

Honest SUV

John, 10/15/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota delivers on everything a SUV should be a solid ride plenty of passenger and cargo space and the reliability credentials many automakers envy

Love it so far r

Sunset, 02/28/2020
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only had this car for 3 days but I love it so far.

Toyota Care

Steve, 02/07/2020
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Everything you need in one vehicle

Love this machine!

4Runner TRD Premium, 10/26/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, both rugged and smooth, perfect combination of options and old school!

Things a tank

Dennis, 11/13/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the 4runner... Only complaints so far - no automatic headlights, and fuel economy. Other than that, LOVE IT

Won't Drive Anything Else

Jen Zink, 11/23/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fifth new 4Runner we have owned. The reliability of these vehicles is beyond compare.

Rugged and stylish

Julie, 12/23/2019
Limited Nightshade Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car and it rides well in snow and zips around town easily. I have the 20 inch wheels so I do recommend sideboards

Strong and stylish

Lenny, 01/13/2020
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my new 4 runner. Gives it the truck feel that I love, but yet it's an SUV. Bought the limited edition and love all the features that it offers. Roomy and classy, and the strong truck feeling. Been wanting to buy the vehicle for a long time, and fortunately it finally came. Take it for a ride...you will see.

51050