2019 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews

12345...6

Pros
Cons

I have had four!

Goldie, 01/24/2019
SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I am a tiny woman with a job that requires me to be available in any weather. In my car, I am confident that I will make it in blizzard and unplowed roads. Thats why I am driving my fourth one and would not consider anything else.

One of the last true SUVs

Colt, 01/15/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife, my daughter, and I love the 4Runner. It's a tried an true design. One of the last true body-on-frame SUVs. It's rugged, capable, dependable, and stylish. Admittedly, it doesn't have all the new driving assistance features like lane assist, forward emergency braking, or auto pilot. You cant go to sleep at the wheel, you have to drive it. But that's what it's designed for. It's not dependent on pavement. In fact, it prefers to be off the pavement. It's a path finder (not the Nissan), a trail blazer (not the Chevy), a off-road way maker. If that's what you want, this is the apex vehicle for you. Very few other vehicles will be able to show it up. However, if you want a grocery getter, a race car, a autonomous self-driver, a super ECO fuel-saver, or something else, look at something else. This is a purpose built vehicle that exceeds at it's intended goals.

Life Saver

Jennifer , 05/27/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was traveling on interstate and had a brush with a tractor-trailer the sent me into the trees. The gentleman who came to my aide said he was afraid of what he was going to see when he approached my vehicle. I walked away and feel sure had I been in anything else, I wouldn’t be here writing this review...it’s the only vehicle choice for me, it honestly saved my life.

Ad
Build Your 4Runner
Build and Pricetoyota.com

The Best Truck -This is my 5th New 4Runner limited

John Bott, 04/03/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truck that if you take care of it will last 200k no problem. I traded my last limited in for this new 2019 . My old 2012 limited had 160,000 miles and it ran great with little to no issues. My 2019 is a dream the nav is very simple to operate and very accurate. Gas mileage is slightly better than my 2012. I get around 18 average and 20-21 HWY. You can buy a SUV today that is more like a car ride but I prefer the truck feel , sitting up high and my 20 inch wheels look fantastic. It also has a solid feel. Great for carting kids or doing some lite off road. ( I will not take my baby anywhere it will get scratched!) lol. Overall a very nice truck and looks classy and sharp . One thing if I had one request is that I wish it had apple car play. I like not having all that other crap that brakes your vehicle and other intrusive devices! so I like simple . If you like simple this is your truck!. By the way if you like big controls this is it because other trucks have little controls and you cannot use them in the winter when you have gloves on. I also like that this truck is built in JAPAN. The quality shows and the tolerances in workmanship are very good.

She may be dated, but she’s legendary

BigTuna, 03/13/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want more tech, go for the limited. While I miss remote start, CarPlay and sensing features, I’ll gladly give it up for a bulletproof drivetrain, awesome ride, unbeatable off road capabilities, a traditional transfer case and of course, a solid body on frame construction. Resale is always amazing, I love the styling and it has a history that makes me feel like I can go anywhere and do anything confidently.

65 yr. old woman owner!

Donna Hankins, 04/25/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a year of searching what vehicle to buy this suv came out on top! As a formor owner of a ford explorer limited, this suv knocks all others out of the race. I LOVE this vehicle. It can tow my camper trailer, hual my dog and groceries, and take me on long trips comfortably. I don't have to figure out all the fancy add on technology found in other suv`s that I never used, and its beautiful to boot!! A great ride and a must have!

Toyota rules!

H Herman, 11/17/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Cons for some: rides like a truck, doesn't have all the safety features of some of the competition, storage could be better thought out. Pros: solidly built, good headroom, excellent back seat legroom, fast air and seat heat, good turning radius.

This was made for me

Ken, 04/16/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my 4runner. During the week, I am a buisness man. It meets all the needs of maintaining week day hustle but when the weekend comes it opens the doors to my true passion. I can go camping off road , tow a trailer for the quads or a boat with great ease. The only downside is the navigation system and its user friendliness. Overall I never get jelous when i see 80k-100k SUV becuase I got the right one for myself

Just drive one

john, 05/09/2019
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for the absolute latest and greatest tech and you NEED all that gadgetry...look elsewhere. If you want a comfortable ride, fantastic reliability and build quality, insane resale value, tons of functionality and just a car that never disappoints, well that is the 4Runner. Wife and I drove over 20 cars. Jeep, Land Rover, Nissans, Fords etc. Everyhing in the Toyota feels buttoned up, analog / large buttons for easy use and access, doors feel solid, no rattles or squeaks. I personally think the ride is amazing although it is NOT a sporty car and yes, has body lean if you are taking corners fast. You might want to look at the Edge St or a Porsche if that’s you. The 4Runner just IS. Doesn’t need stance or pomp or tons of bells and whistles. We LOVE this car. Two nit picky things. 1. Yes mileage isn’t great but knowing the engine will last me basically forever..I’m ok with it. 2. Engine needs a little more HP. Can be a little sluggish sometimes but you get used to it and the transmission is actually pretty good so it’s not terrible. Again, I didn’t buy this truck for its cornering or speed :)

Off Road Tank

KKN, 01/16/2019
TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to be an off-roader, not everyday commuter. It is exactly what I was looking for, a new vehicle with old school reliability built tough. It has been proven throughout the years and that's why it hasn't changed much. My only complaint is the halogen lights. This should have updated LED's. Everything else is simple and very effective. Update: Had it for over a year now and it still impresses me. Took it around Mojave, Victorville, and Borrego Springs. A lot of aftermarket off-road upgrades out there.

12345...6