Used 2001 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Esteem for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Maintenance

FYJ, 03/19/2007

We bought our car brand new in March of 2001. We now have 251,986 miles on it. The only major repair we needed to make on it was in 2005 when we replaced the ball bearings and in early 2007 when we replaced the water pump. Our car - we call her Suzy Suzuki - has been a great investment for us. Our next car for sure will a Suzuki.

Not a bad little car

thorpite, 03/31/2008

I've owned my Esteem for 5 years and have never had any major mechanical problems with it and it handles like a champ. I like my little car and it's great in city traffic and tight spots. I moved from Florida to Chicago and was curious to see how it would handle in ice and snow since it is very light and can be hard to handle in high winds. In snow/ice, it slides a lot in turns. The engine can be noisy but I always have the radio on, so it's not an issue for me personally. I replaced the factory CD player because mine stopped reading CDs and my intermittent windshield wipers gave out soon after purchase and now I've noticed that my wipers don't reset themselves when they turn off.

My Esteem 15yrs.....

PHL Paul, 05/15/2018
GLX 4dr Sedan w/Cruise (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Esteem 4 cylinder Manual Transmission w cruise control. Power windows , C.D. player and cold air. In 2003. A dealer left over. Listed at $16,500 I purchased this new car with under 5000 miles gently used demo for 12,000 dollars, "A" title and 100,000 mile warranty which I never used. Brakes, tires, oil changes, wiper blades and gas. We're the norm. Not until about 115,000 did I have a Manual Transmission failure resulting in a total replacement. Not to bad for a car at that time being 12 yrs old and the replacement with labor was less than 1,500 dollars. It's sad to say goodbye but she was recently totalled and I must say withstood a major hit from the rear. SUZUKI should be proud of this defunct make and model. She stood the test of time. If you are able to acquire one check the frame as that was the only recall item I am aware of and mine had no deterioration. Great run. Thanks for reading.