Used 2001 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Esteem for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Esteem rises to the occasion

Sakura Digital, 08/11/2002

After much redesign from the 2000 model I find that the 2001 Esteem drives and handles much like a Mazda Protoge. In 1.5 years I have had NO mechanical failures and aside from car washes and oil changes this is all I have to do. This little car even has punch on the highway. And, especially when trying to park in Boston or Salem the compact size is a must to allow fitting in tight spaces. When sitting inside you do not even realize the compact size outside. Plenty of room for 5.

Lil Blu Wagon

bluman, 12/21/2003

A good basic car. Nothing flashy on the inside. Has a nice exterior.

Great Used Car

Hawkes, 11/20/2005

I bought my Suzuki Esteem used with less than 9,000 miles on it. The engine light went on and it took a while for service to figure out the problem. It ended up being a recall issue. I haven't had a major problem with my car since. I have been getting great mileage, I average 28 around town and 32 on the highway. I am very happy with my purchase.

It's OK!

Tincan, 08/31/2004

The 1.8L engine is powerful the exterior desing looks great, seats are supportive can't complain about the gas milage.AC and heater work great nice sounding factory 2DIN stereo, big trunk,relaible The ride /road noise in this car is horrible at highway speeds everything in the interior makes noise the auto transmission whines at speeds over 40 mph and is slow to up shift when cold. Dealership installed cheap tires had one blow out the others went flat, do not like the main headlights as daytime running lights.

It's Not Bad!

SelfEsteem, 02/19/2005

I didn't get the lemon one! Only use it for work. I notice though that the first time I filled up the gas tank full, the needle was on "E." Will not suggest for very long travel time. Only get about 21mpg rather than 26mpg as noted by EPA.