Used 2001 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Esteem for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Don't BUY THIS CAR

Pazzion, 04/05/2002

This car was a terrible buy. Suzuki should have stuck with making motorcycles. The cars handling was ATROCIOUS. After 6 months, my brakes went out. After a mere 4 months, there were electrical problems; my interior lights would not come on. The fuses would go out very frequently. The brakes light would come on at any random time; I would NOT have my parking brake on or my foot on the brake pedal. Even after getting the brake pads replaced, it didn't feel like it. The car would still screech and make a terrible grinding noise. Had I done my research, I would surely have bought a better vehicle, even used, for a comparable price and MUCH better quality.

Best car ever !!

western mass fan, 06/09/2009

Purchased new for $10,700 with sticker reading $14,999 and love the car. It's sporty drive (5 speed) and great economy 35 mpg or more place it next to my suzuki motorcyle in fun. Oil changes every 3000 miles and original spark plugs at 93,000 miles and running like a top. Rust is starting on door bottoms, and had to replace the front sub frame this month (big bucks). Still can't complain and wish I could get it back from my daughter.

I'd like it to last forever

dotteddancer, 08/03/2010

My daughter bought the 2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon in 2004 to drive between college and student teaching. It had 60,000 miles on it. When she graduated I bought it from her to drive to work with 90,000 miles. I have driven it now 5 years and it has 212,000 miles. So far there have been no major repairs required. My husband finds it uncomfortable but I don't have any problems driving it. It is low to the ground and tends to catch flying rocks on the windshield that a taller vehicle would have hit the grill. It averages 30-31 MPG highway, which is the majority of my driving. I would like cruise control. The biggest problem has been an oil leak at the head gasket and the CD doesn't work.

esteems, not a very good reliable-good

carter, 08/05/2002

not a good car not good if you have to try to outdo someone who is trying to hit you on the road. you feel your car is going to overturn. tires skid in the rain no matter what mph you try to start at. motor problems

Good value

Dawson, 10/12/2002

Bought used, 1 year old with high milage. Everything is in good working order and very little wear and tear is visable. AC is cold but may explain my 20 mpg fuel economy. Automatic transmission seems to rev high before switching to next gear. This car is very plain with no power locks, windows, seats, etc.