Used 2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

Very Happy
By Tim H

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded my 2011 Nissan in on the 2014 Legacy. My Nissan was horrible in the snow and I live on a very steep and dead end hill (that is hardly plowed or salted) in Pittsburgh. I never made it up the hill in my Nissan even a dusting I would be spinning and sliding. The first snow we had about 1" and it was somewhat icy and my Legacy went straight up it without a slide or spinning of a tire. I am so pleased with the performance in the snow so far. I do agree with a few of the comments above. I do feel a lot of the bumps and things whereas my Nissan I didn't. The driver and passenger seats to squeak some and that does drive me a little crazy. After it took my hill of a mountain I am not even concerned!! I would recommend the Subaru Legacy to anyone!!

Great 1st time buyers car
By Gabriel Robles

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You will love this car , has very low miles and in excellent condition. Good for a first time buyer for young and the elderly .

VERY POOR HEATING AND COOLING
By Pat

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The heating and cooling systems in this car are so substandard as to make me regret buying this car, it is hot most of the year and the heat isn't adequate in the winter, especially in the lower compartment. The mileage is not what I hoped for, as I drive in stop and go traffic, but it is good if you do mainly highway driving. The noise level is also unacceptable. Clearly Subaru emphasizes the safety aspects of their cars, but the comfort aspects of the car, especially climate control and noise level, are really lacking. The design, inside and out, is lackluster. On the positive side, the brakes are excellent and the turning radius is great for city driving. The four wheel drive is excellent in snow and ice.

The 2014 Subaru CVT is garbage
By Zoom

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Subaru, still have my 2006 Legacy 180k. Love it.. The 2014 is nothing like the 2006 starting with the CVT..noisy and takes 3 seconds to engage going from reverse to drive. The feel of the trans is terrible. Acceleration is fine but man do you know you are getting there with all the sounds the trans makes. Had a dealer look at and he said "their all that way" so the trans is fine, just noisy as heck. The heat in the 2014 takes forever to come to heat. My 2006 is light years ahead with respect to the heat. The 2014 has been 5 star reliable, I have 60k on it with no issues and original tires. I am amazed how this rubber is lasting. Man has this trans turned me off...literally hate the car because of it and will be trading in soon. BTW, my wife rolled back into someone the other day because this trans allows you to roll back (like a clutch)...yes there is a button to manage this but come on, she has no clue about that. My daughter has a Honda HRV CVT and I thought it was an old fashion trans, thats how good it feels. Maybe Subaru made progress here, will try a 17 to see but if its anything like the 14 I am high tailing it out of the dealer and going to Honda.

Dollar for dollar hard to beat. Great resale value
By Ag Malella

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Absolutely trouble free.