Used 2002 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

Used Legacy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

We hate this car! Bring back the '94!

Dannaca, 12/29/2008

I bought this car because I had owned a 94 and loved it. The only thing the 02 has in common with the 94 is the name! It has horrible wind noise, uncomfortable front seats, cramped back seats, bad steering components. I have had more work done to this car than I ever needed in the 94 and it needs more work even now. Also there is no power in the vehicle at all. It is as slow as the Prizm I owned before it but at least I expected that from the Prizm!

Reliable all-weather performer

ttran, 06/06/2009

Bought mine at the tail end of winter in MN. Wish I bought it earlier! This thing plows snow like a champ, especially with the Blizzaks. Truly a vehicle of choice in the winter. Now that it's summer time I'm starting to notice the noise. I don't get any wind noise but the engine and road noise is definitely noticeable. I'm hoping my next set of tires will solve the road noise but I'm not sure what to do about the engine noise. Very buzzy. Handles well but could use more power. I give this a 10 during the winter and a 6.5 for the summer.

Piece of junk, NEVER again

Mike Kelly, 10/19/2009

This car seemed like a good purchase when my wife and I moved to a hilly location in NW NY. After putting on $600 snows it was only ok in the snow. Soon after, the car began excessively smoking and subaru of north america was absolutely no help at all. Apparently this is normal in these piece of garbage cars. Now with 120k on the car we have had problems with almost everything- right down to the clear coat starting to peel. I have had many subarus and they all had their problems but nothing near this. Never ever again will I go anywhere near this company and I have absolutely nothing good to say about them. It is unfortunate because I truly believed they produced a good product.

Clutch issues

krussell, 07/22/2010

I had to replace the clutch in 2008 and now am told I need another clutch! Quoted price is $1000 this seems ridiculous to me. HELP!

What a Car!!!!

Twa, 04/05/2002

I love everything about it!!! What a value

12345...11