Used 2014 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

SNOW MACHINE!

wil, 08/23/2015
2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first Subaru and probably not my last! I bought this car brand new April of 2014 and since then have put on 26,000 miles. I live in the mountains of Vermont, where last year we got more snow than anywhere else in the lower 48 states. This little car performed like a champ! I often times drove out of my driveway that was covered in a fresh 12 inches of snow (Without snow tires!). I average 30 MPG, which I find to be great considering it's AWD and I have a few mountains that I traverse everyday. If you need good gas mileage and a car that can get you through the worst of winters, this is it! I also like that it comes standard with almost every modern safety feature. As of now no repairs, just oil changes.

Subie's Doo. 2014

jeffrey kweller, 04/02/2016
2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great little car. Very reliable, great quality, and value. Security of all wheel drive. It is not a fast car, and a little boring, but it will never let you down, and gets 30 -31 mpg. Every tank full. Very, very, dependable, if you do you basic services, they usually go 2-300 thousand or more. Only one downside, the radio speakers are pure trash. Oh yes, this is our 8th. Subaru, use to live in Michigan, very good car for snow and wet.

Great gas saver for North Country

moose72690, 05/20/2014
2.0i PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Impreza brand new and now have about 3,000 miles on it. So its still very new. However I am averaging 31MPG on the mountain roads of Vermont. I was pleased to see that I got Power windows, power locks, bluetooth, aux/usb, and a CD player in the basic model. I added the roof rack, spoiler, and mud guards which makes the car look good. I would recommend adding those if you are getting the base model, otherwise they look like a toyota matrix. As far as comfort goes its not to bad. I fit as a 6'2 205lbs man. The hatchback provides plenty of space for groceries and camping equipment..... If you are concerned with MPG and need AWD then this is a wise choice.

Good car overall-but flaws

mbr00ker, 07/07/2015
2.0i Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After 1 year driving this car, overall I"m fairly happy with it. Good: Excellent mileage for AWD vehicle and weight of car - safety good Very roomy front leg room for tall people Great visibility Car does not get stuck in snow Needs improvement: Braking worse than Honda FIt I had before on slick roads in spite of AWD Bouncy suspension Loose steering - not the greatest at holding in lanes at expressway speeds No padding the seats - took ages for me to get used to them and still not great for long trips If I wasn't living in snow country I wouldn't have this car. The steering is more than annoying and the traction at least on the wagon version of the Impreza is strange. If the steering was better I would like it much better than I do - maybe my car is flawed. Cannot recommend this car however.

It's all about the mileage

alzada, 04/27/2014
2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car only has 3000 miles [not 'broken in' yet!] and I'm getting 27-29 mpg city, 34 highway [85/15%] - using math, not dash computer. Doing posted speed; cruise control whenever possible; no jack-rabbiting. Can't wait until it's broken in!! Didn't want the biggest car, the fastest car, the most impressive car. Wanted reliable, safe, nimble and GREAT gas mileage and my Impreza delivers on all counts. Gets me to my destination with no worries about road/weather conditions. Nimble steering; low profile not bothered much by high winds. Ride comfort is acceptable. Main complaint is the red dash lite - really? What idiot OK'd that?? Bluetooth great, radio could be better but have had much worse.