Used 2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

2013 Impreza eval
By Steven Popovich

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Outstanding car with great all-weather capability. Engine is a little weak at 150hp, especially with the AC running. Extremely reliable transportation with excellent safety features.

what's a Subaru to you
By MVP

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

dependable,cool in summer,warm in winter (heated seats) goes in the snow!

86k Review
By martin

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car brand new....Drive about 20k a year. Mostly to work (90%) flat boring 65mph commute.. The BAD...The bluetooth is terrible sounds like you're in a wind tunnel always.. The car eats about a quart of oil every 5K. Subaru says thats normal. PZEV? The wheel bearing needs replacement already. The biggest problem is the terrible CVT.....Its heading to the dealership Monday. Even when the transmission is good its still a terrible item. Subaru had extended the warranty to 100k or 10 years...thank you Subaru:) Maybe to avoid a class action lawsuit perhaps? These transmissions tend to fail a lot! THE GOOD - Great on gas, especially on the highway. 35mpg at 65mph..... The AWD is AMAZING in snow. Hands down the safest car in snow by a mile. Leather interior is nice, visibility, controls are all great..you can pack a ton inside the hatchback at least. DO NOT GET THE CVT......

My Little Dreadful AWD Sedan
By Dave

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2013 Subaru Impreza Premium pre-owned to replace my aging full size truck. I had big expectations for my new little car--improved fuel economy, ease of parking, zippy in traffic, all wheel drive winter safety, connectivity, good stereo (has 6 speakers after all)... typical small car experience.<br> Well, it's delivered on a few of the points. Much better fuel economy than my truck, easy to park, and zippy in traffic--if you're not expecting to pass someone easily. I get mid-20's in a mix of city/highway driving. I call the car little dreadful; because the transmission is harsh, and the car is very loud. <br> For a 2013, Subaru left the sound deadening material OUT of the car. It's soooo loud on the highway, transmission is loud and harsh, the stereo system is a horrible user experience, with it's bad user interface, Bluetooth connectivity issues, and the speakers are horrid. The ground clearance is like 4", so it's going to be an interesting snow driving experience as the weather begins to turn cold and blistery. <br> What do I like about the car? The fuel economy, ease of parking, and ease of engine maintenance.

Beware!
By Katherine

2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Impreza is on it's third engine. Two engines were replaced for oil consumption issues after numerous repairs. The car was constantly in the shop for 3 years. I trusted that the third engine would be good. Not so. After 24,000 on the third engine, the cam carriers had to be resealed, and I also had to replace struts at only 50,000 miles. Now at 56,000 miles the driver's seat is literally splitting because the material is so cheap. It also gets less than 20 mpg in the city, not anywhere close to what Subaru claims. I wish I had done a lemon law case. The only thing I got from Subaru was an extended warranty and I can not extend that to a dealership. I asked Subaru if they would buy back the car at Kelly Blue Book excellent condition, and no, they will extend no "goodwill". I will not purchase another Subaru.