Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great car

Donald Smith, 01/22/2008

I've put almost 10,000 miles on my special edition Impreza and have loved every mile. Great in snow covered, wet and dry road conditions. I spent over a year deciding which car to buy and I'm glad I chose the Subaru.

Amazing value, amazing car!

fawiek, 04/28/2007

My first Subaru and what a car it is! This car's performance is exceptional. I find myself taking corners at above average speeds, just because I can. :) The AWD system speaks for itself. It's a must have as I face Canadian winters ahead of me. I love the styling of the car, which is emphasized with the optional spoiler. The acceleration with the 2.5i (non turbo) is fair. It would not kick back your head like the WRX but at the same time your insurance bill wouldn't be off the chains either. Overall, it's the best car I've ever owned and I will continue to buy Subarus as long as those fine folks continue to make them.

New to Subaru

Steve, 05/18/2007

This is my first new car. In the past I have owned Hondas, and up until a few weeks ago, I thought I would still own a Honda, but after driving the 07 WRX, I was hooked. The performance is THE best for the price, I love the interior and the seats, the steering is crisp, the transmission is smooth, the brakes are awesome, I'm getting better mileage than I thought with a turbo, 25-26 mpg, especially considering the way I have been driving it, and I can't get the grin off my face everytime I think about getting back in it. I am new to Subaru, and Honda set the bar high since that is all I have owned in the past 10 years. All I can say is, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Best Handling on the Road

Alias, 06/16/2007

I work valet, so I've driven pretty much anything out there. For my money, the WRX TR was still a good deal at $23k. While the interior is pretty bare (the TR model is lacking since they figure you're going to modify), you've got 230 horses pushing symmetrical AWD, with a low turbo point of just under 3000 rpm. This car sticks to the road like no other, and fast turns are almost a must. If you've got the cash, the STI has a lot of great upgrades, but if you're on a budget the TR model is a great place to start, with the potential for you to have your way with it. This car will turn heads, and leave plenty of others in the dust.

2.5 Special Edition Impreza

elosiga, 07/09/2007

My 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Special Edition in Newport blue gets a lot of compliments. It came standard with a 6 CD/MP3, sunroof, iPod connectivity, power everything, and climate control. Very happy overall, but looking back in hindsight, should have bought the WRX Limited Edition.

Intentionally making you pay for repairs

Aaron, 02/09/2020
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Sold this car 140k miles on it Auto version. Head gasket blew on me and the most frustrating part is they built this intentionally to break on you. In the turbo model they put a much superior head gasket that also fits the non turbo model so wjy not use it in both models? If you do pay for head gasket make sure to get turbo version much better. On top of that oil leaks everywhere that i had to replace valve cover gasket which isnt bad to replace and it developed one by the right side wheel cant remember the exact location but it was 1200 to fix. And make sure your ready to pay top dollar for these parts as for whatever reason they are very expensive. And the transmission was gettimg ready to go out at 140k. Not to mention the subpar audio.The only upside I really see to this car is add.

51050