Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fun little car

no name, 03/21/2007

Overall I have been very satisfied with this car. It handles great, the AWD grips the road very well, decent amount of power, and fun to drive. But of course this isn't a luxury car. The interior seems to be well assembled with no rattling and it looks cheap but it does have nice supportive seats and a sporty look. I get 22 miles per gallon in the city even though I push it a lot. Decent for an all wheel drive car.

Very good car!

Rally Racer, 08/20/2007

Very good car, More horsepower than any other $18k car. The AWD makes it awesome to drive. If you are more into luxuries rather than fun and performance, this is not your car.

I love my little Suzie

esergent, 09/24/2007

I wanted a fun and reliable car to fit in a very broke college student's budget and got it in this car. Love the dealership and love the car even more. Wish I could have afforded the insurance for the WRX STi, but oh well. The 2.5i is tons of fun too. =)

Love this car!

jomr, 08/23/2011

After one too many expensive problems with my Volkswagen VR6 I decided to trade it in for a Subaru. My first car was an '87 Subaru wagon. She wasn't much too look at and completely gutless but she was reliable. I found a used 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan and took the car to my mechanic for a thorough check up. All it needed was an air filter and new battery. Although it doesn't have the V6 5-speed of my old VW it has more power than I expected from a 4 cylinder. I love the growl of the boxer engine and it handles great. This car has turned out to be just as fun to drive and far more reliable. I can't imagine owning another VW or ever not owning a Subaru again!

36,000 Mile Update

Fandango, 05/27/2008

This car keeps growing on me. After driving it every day for the past year and a half, I like it as much or more than the day I bought it. It's just so much fun to drive. Every time I drive a rental or use my daughter's car and then come back to this one, I realize how much I enjoy driving it. I even find the seats comfortable now, though I didn't like them very much at first.

Over a decade and going strong

Ryan, 09/15/2019
2.5 i Special Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 12 years and have tried to trade it in twice. Both times the newer Subarus feel anemic to drive. My car is old and yes I've have to replace a lot of things over the years but all cheaper than a car payment. I've kept it because even though reliability is getting worse (more needs to be done every year) to keep it going through winter after winter, it's still more fun to drive than the newer models.

Great Car... but buy a WRX

Weston, 12/10/2006

The 2.5i model of the Impreza really is just the little brother of the 200+ WHP WRX and the 300+ WHP STi. If you want a good starter car for a teenager... this is not it. The 2.5i still shows an impressive 175WHP and is easy to upgrade. While the car may be lacking in power, it still shows a lot of promise in the handling and all around performance areas. If you are looking for a car that is an easy comparison to the RSX or the Civic but safer, look no farther. This car is GREAT and I have a feeling it will be great for years to come.

Can't wait for winter

LD VADER, 10/16/2006

Bought a 2007 Impreza 2007 2.5i this week. Love the AWD. I can't force the tires to loose traction. 174hp is a little doggy after driving a V8 for a year but the 28mpg is a nice change.

Lovin The Suby!

Waldorf 2008, 07/05/2008

My husband purchased this car and it has now become his primary work car. I don't think that it is possible to hurt a Suby! It is so well built I have also been informed that I am not allowed to purchase anything but a Subaru for the rest of my life! If you are considering buying one do ti!

19000 mile and 13 month update

45 year old kid, 08/23/2008

This car has been very good. This is my 4th Subaru. Living in the North east makes AWD that much more important. It is good in the snow but not as good at the Legacy sedan or Outback. I think it is the performance tires. If I ride it hard, I get 25 MPG. If I act like an adult I can get 27.5 MPG. My commute is 25 miles (1/2 highway) one way. I have had no issues to speak of. I actually have gotten 70K + miles on each of my Subarus before I have any kind of repairs >$500 (excluding maintenance of course) The WRX is a great car. I like driving our Outback sometimes for a break, but it has been a year and I still smile when I leave work and see it in the parking lot!

51050