Skip to main content

Used Impreza for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...38

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Greatest car ever built

solly, 02/22/2009
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned over 25 cars, American muscle through Porsches to Ferraris. I am a car nut. I have used this '02 WRX daily since purchase, (that's about 7 years now), and will never give it up until it is just no longer feasible to repair. The WRX has been so reliable and trouble free that I am amazed it was only $22K back in '02. It is almost as quick as any non-turbo Porsche (I had the dealer upgrades installed, bigger turbo and cooler, exhaust and short shift kit all for $6K), seats 4, has a huge trunk with fold down arm rest for my skis. Holds the road amazingly well and acceleration is brutal. Seats are the best I ever had. Great road feel. Goes through snow like butter.

This car just saved my sons life and his 3 friends

Hope Haas, 08/22/2016
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I am writing this while sitting in York hospital as my son sits in the ICU. He was a backseat passenger. They are all teenagers and took his friends car , the Subaru, because it handles best and is the most fun....i fact I have learned to be very very grateful for!. Ad teens, rain and a sharp turn , his friend made the mistake of hitting his breaks going into the turn, causing hydroplaning. A suv was coming around the turn , they hit head on/drivers side. All kids had seat belts on. I was called to the scene thinking my son was dead. I got there to see this car crumpled up.but at the inside the car looked fine. The driver came out with only scratches , the passenger, not even a scratch. My son who caught the force of the seatbelt from the high impact, came out with a torn spleen, broken ribs all from the seatbelt. I can explain how bad this wreck was. No one can believe everyone got out and had not even busted faces from airbags..now they all had seatbelt bruising but as a mom. I am so very very very greatful for this car because it saved not only my sons life but all the other kids. Even the surgeon couldn't believe how everyone was unharmed. So yes we spoke of this car over and over at the er, trama and ICU. Thank you for making a car strong enough to hold up to an straight on collision and also keeping them safe inside. Hope Haas

4.88 out of 5 stars

This car just doesn't quit

Aspen White Bugeye, 10/14/2009
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my 2002 WRX from a college kid with 81k miles on it about 6 months ago. Car was quick, fun and clean as a whistle. I've seen these cars take more abuse than anything I would ever do to it and keep running. Put about a grand into the car and it out- performs its STI counterpart no problem. Keep up on regular checks and maintain your ride, can't beat the sound and feel of this car for ten grand. Get a quiet exhaust, up-pipe, downpipe and your mileage goes from 24-25 mpg to about 27.

3.63 out of 5 stars

OK car, not great but good

JTP, 06/20/2009
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I typically put around 225,000 on my cars before I let them go. Some limp in (escort), make it like champs (prelude), this one is somewhere in between. Not many problems, but the ones I had were odd. Catalytic converter at 50 K mi, head gasket at 150 K, oil pump shortly thereafter. Windshield keeps breaking, seemingly by itself. Fog lamps are expensive and break a lot. I gave up and drive with them broken. I like this car and would consider another one because it is a kick to drive. But our legacy outback is a much, much better car. Edmunds says it gets 21, but I typically get 26, a little less with city alone. 28 if I am gentle.

4.13 out of 5 stars

WRX Lite

toolatecrew, 09/18/2002
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Wife wanted the Outback and I wanted the WRX lead us to compromise on the RS. Other cars may generage more Gs on the skid pad but thow the bumps in and the supple suspension, stiff body and 4wd traction makes you faster around corners in the real world.Engine is tourqiest in class by far. The seats are the best feature of the interior.. The stereo is horrible and there is no excuse for it in a car at this price level.Exterior styling is "different" I like the WRX fender flares but the lack of std. fog lights is once again kinda cheap. Overall the car is great for somone who needs to drive in snow and on less than perfect roads.

12345...38