Skip to main content

Save as much as $1,096
Select your trim:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Forester vs CR-V. Subaru Wins!

Alan Schwartz, 07/10/2022
2022 Subaru Forester Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We are normally a Honda family (2 V6 Accords) but this time we went for a small SUV and chose the Forester Limited. I added the ONLY package available with upgraded Harmon Kardon audio, upgraded Starlink and RAB (Reverse Automatic Braking) which keeps you from a collision with an object or car when reversing by automatically STOPPING the vehicle. I compared, carefully, the CR-V and the Forester in similar trims and the Subaru came out ahead. Safety equipment was similar, but Subaru had more for the money with EyeSight and adaptive cruise which is usually only available in more expensive vehicles. The upgraded audio and screen size is important to me. The screen in the Subaru in this level of trim is 8.0 and Honda is 7.0. The difference is visible. Edmund's even said the Honda system is a bit clunky to use. Subaru is smooth and easy. The interior feels cavernous with plenty of headroom, and plenty of elbow room. My wife likes it because of easy of entry. The panoramic moonroof is bigger than Honda. Even though the cargo area is a tad smaller than the Honda, if the package is that big then I have a pickup truck. It will more than suffice for groceries and whatnot. I like the idea of full time AWD X Drive with selectable mode which is only available in the highest trim level in Honda. The seats are black leather which will be a challenge in Arizona but covers will handle protecting your skin from hot surfaces and preserve the leather from skin oils and dirt. Handling is sure and precise. The suspension feels taut and ready. Finally, the 4-cylinder Boxer engine is willing, but I think Subaru could do better, but around town it's more than capable. If you're not driving with your foot in it, the gas mileage is reasonable, but a tad less than Honda. This would really perform with a V6 or a turbo. The 7-speed CVT transmission tends to upshift quickly when left in automatic but is manually selectable and responsive. We ordered it in Brilliant Bronze Metallic. SO many white and silver cars out there. We wanted something that stood out. We just felt that we got more bang for the buck with the Subaru Forester in Limited trim.

3 out of 5 stars

Beyond my expectation

Jin and nick name is Cooper, 05/10/2022
2022 Subaru Forester Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Lately I bought 2022 forester limited. Hard to believe it has only 182hp.Much more horse power and torque feeling than I expected. The experts are misleading the value of this suv. They talk nothing but hp and torque. They don’t talk about marvelous engineering how the car can drive superbly with even lower horse power like forester.I love my new forester better than any cars I have been driven.

2022 Forester Wilderness

Jim B., 02/22/2022
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love the car. Everything I hoped for, large doors, easy in an out. I'm 6'3" and have lots of headroom in both front and rear seating, go figure! It sits high with lots of glass all the way around. Just a great car, no buyers remorse from me.

2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • 5 Packages
  • $34,020starting MSRP
BUILD & PRICESubaru.com
*MSRP excludes destination and delivery charges, tax, title, and registration fees. Retailer sets actual price. Certain equipment may be required in specific states, which can modify your MSRP. See your retailer for details.

1st Subaru and we love it

Rick DeWolfe , 02/23/2022
updated 09/06/2022
2022 Subaru Forester Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We ordered a new Forester due to lack of this vehicles on dealer lots and while we drove used Foresters after spending some time in ours it surpassed our expectations. The room it has coupled with visibility from the drivers seat is fantastic. Then the ride is very smooth and it handles great as well. Our Touring has the 2 tone brown / black leather interior with white exterior and coupled with all the standard features at this price really made us think why didn't we buy one sooner. Lastly, Foresters are written up for being slow and under powered but in real world we think it is more than powerful plus you get fantastic mileage with. AWD

4 out of 5 stars

Forester Wilderness

Mac, 01/28/2022
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took advantage of the high trade values and traded a 2019 Outback for 2022 Forester Wilderness. Was difficult to choose between the Outback and Forester but utimately bought the Forester Wilderness. Why? Well the seating position is typical of an SUV so you definitely sit higher than in an Outback which is more carlike. Much more headroom for us folks over 6 foot tall and a larger, although slightly shorter, cargo area. And finally, I definitely prefer old school buttons and knobs to the touchscreen in the Outback. Opted for the navigation, upgraded audio, and power rear gate. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Entering and exiting the Wilderness is much easier than my previous Outback. The ride is very smooth and nearly as refined as in the 2019 Outback. I'm not a spirited driver around curves but the Forester Wilderness handles well. The 2.5 engine is fine around town and gets the job done on the highway. Is it fast? No, but I did not buy it to race anyone. Can I merge into traffic without feeling like I'll get rear ended? Yes, it gets the job done and the Wilderness specific CVT gearing is definitely welcome and apparent. Another plus are the Geolander AT tires. Look great and excellent on wet and snowy roads. Hopefully will never need it, but the Wilderness comes with a full size spare and matching OEM rim. Nice and nearly unheard of today! The upholstery is very nice and seems durable. Standard all weather floor mats are another plus. As for the exterior styling, obviously I like it and it is a more subdued than the OB Wilderness due to omitting the copper accents on the bumpers. Overall, we are really enjoying our Forester Wilderness and would highly recommend this trim level if you like the look and want enhanced capability off road or in snowy conditions. Good job Subaru!

4 out of 5 stars