Used 2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Consumer Reviews

Used B9 Tribeca for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...39

Pros
Cons

Best Car Ever!

Candy Larsen, 06/11/2019
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/DVD, Gray Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 used from a dealer. I drive up to 800 miles a week. This SUV has NEVER had a single issue. With time, I have replaced the life gate support which I popped in myself and I do the wipers myself. Contrary to other comments regarding oil changes and service needed to be done at a dealer is bogus. I now have over 200K on this SUV and recently had my cats replaced and the bushings replaced, all at a cost of under $800. That is the most expensive repair to date and is to be expected with that much mileage. I will be buying another Subaru, but not for awhile. With regular maintenance and assurance from my mechanic, I know this SUV is good for another 200K. The acceleration and MPG is fantastic. Thanks Subaru!

Love it!

DaveD, 01/26/2006

We bought it to replace our Pontiac minivan. We we're looking for 4WD/AWD, 7 usable seats and better gas mileage than Sequoias and Tahoes. We were torn between the Tribeca and the Pathfinder. These were the only midsize SUVs in our opinion with usable 3rd row seats other than the Pilot. The Honda Pilot's interior seems too plain, like a work car. The Pathfinder drives like a truck. We bought the Tribeca and love it! We've already been on a 400 mile trip in the Tribeca and the kids had no problem in the 3rd row. Great car! Fun to drive and we have all the room we need. Decent gas mileage for a AWD SUV and it drives more like a car. We just wish it had automatic lights like GM cars.

Having Second Thoughts

parrotfinalia, 06/02/2009

Bought this to replace a Blazer with 112K. This has been in the shop more and for "unknown issues" than the Chevy ever was. Fell in love with the styling and the kick, but the electrical system is a joke. Mileage is better then the 99 Chevy and took a 3600 mile trip that was fun the entire way. This is my first Subaru but due to the "unidentifiable" mechanical issues, I doubt I will purchase Subaru again if the company does not stand behind their product. My love for the safety, quick response and original styling is being overshadowed by the maintenance issues that should not be happening in a car that is under the 50,000 mile warranty.

Becca is Best

Roger, 05/23/2016
5-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

update: I still love my Tribeca B9. Still looks great, had the transmission flushed and shifting is fine once again. and Yes, I still get asked if it is new car - I think because people are not used to it and it is in great shape - green metallic with light tan leather interior. All of the safety warnings have been resolved in a positive way. old review: I love my Tribeca, one of the best designed SUV's. Subaru was not bright to dump the designer of this set of 2006 cars - Jaguar picked him up. Car is not a fast off of the line car, but it does well otherwise. I have about 112000 miles on her and bought Becca used from a dealer when she had just under 60000. It had factory tow set up and we tow small trailers and once in a while a boat. it does well with both. The trans has been doing some odd down shifting waiting a bit too long before the shift and then needing to shift down two gears rather than one. I am often asked if it is a brand new car - a lot to say for a car that is 10 years old. I just was given a recall for hood latch - they do not have the part but ask me to wait until they come in - just hope the hood does not blow off (ha ha I think) It had another recall for puddle lights that also took a long time to come in, I got a new loaner from the dealer and drove that one fro several months. Dealer has been great about service - always washing the car after and doing very small things for free (example a plastic clip fell off, they just replaced it, no charge. My grandson stuck a CD in and jammed the entire player so it will not work, the dealer took it out but could ot get the cd out - said a new one was going to be $1000 so we just do not use the CD. Overall, I love the car.

2006 tribecca

rich, 10/10/2015
Ltd. 7-Pass. 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Beige Int. (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

just found headlights online and replaced ....installation was a snap as subaru put an access panel under car to get to the 3 screws....drive axils are a pain though

12345...39