Used 2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Scion xA Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xA model:

Weird squeaking sound
By Toni

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve had this car for about a month, I got it used and have put less than 100 miles on it and i bought it with about 110,000 miles. For some reason when I start it it will make this weird squeaking sound for about a minute or less then it will stop. It worries me. Does anybody else have this problem?

AMAZING Car
By Andrew T. Closson

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Written 6/25/18: Amazing car! Just received this today and already fell in love! Steering, Handling, Performance and Value are what makes this car superb.

Reliable is an understatement!
By D.T.

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Awhile back I traded in my Mini Convertible for a 4 door compact car. Though there is no flash to this vehicle I am highly pleased with it. After many problems with my Mini, it was a dream to have this car barely have a problem in more than 10 years and it's still going strong! Standard brake repairs, battery and fan belt were the only worries I have ever had. It's not a race car, but it's fast enough. It's not built for comfort, but it's not uncomfortable. It has been just right. The worst of my problems have all been cosmetic, with people opening doors into the side. I'm now thinking of looking into a new car, but it keeps getting put off because I'm still waiting for a PROBLEM after more than 100k miles on it!!! This turned into the best value ever.

Scion xa 2004
By Ricardo M

I love my little car, 4 years with it already and Simple fix

Almost 12 Years Later...
By Kat

2004 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Scion XA in 2004. Feel in love. Great gas mileage, and fun to drive. For the past 4+ years, I've been having noticeable issues. My check engine light is ALWAYS on, despite having taken it in for maintenance. My whole car shakes like hell when idling. I've taken it to so many mechanics, and nobody can fix it. My driver's side window gets stuck (not fun in the winter time). My brakes sometimes feel like they are just going to give out if I'm driving down a hill with snow. I was also rear ended by a car going about 10 miles an hour, and the impact resulted in me having spinal surgery. I was 33 and fit when this happened. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't. Only praise is it's very economical when it comes to gas.