2015 Scion FR-S Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Scion FR-S Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FR-S model:

FR-S is FUNNNNNNN
By Gigi DeMedeiros

2015 Scion FR-S Coupe Release Series 1.0 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I feel like I'm driving a race car and it sounds like it as well. Looks like the type of car HOT WHEELS should have out in their toy line. Seems to catch the eyes of all men young and old. A older man walked up to me one day in a parking lot and said "This is a really nice looking car. It looks like your moving fast and your parked." I get compliments where ever I go and cars are forever coming up wanting to race me.

A great road-tripper!
By Winstonscifi

2015 Scion FR-S Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We wanted a great car to drive around the country. Our last sports car, a Chrysler Crossfire was perfect. We checked out a Miata and a Fiat Spyder, but there was just not enough trunk space. This Scion FR-S was perfect. Plenty of room. Great handling. 35 miles per gallon on the highway. And, since it was a new 2015, the dealer had it priced with a discount of $3000!

Reliable, Fun
By Rain S

2015 Scion FR-S Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Scion FRS known for you JDM fanatics like myself included as Toyota 86, really pays homage to the true meaning of a sports car not just based on 0-60 but RWD, great handling, brakes, suspension. Sure it won't be 0-60 fast like the Mustangs, Challengers, Camaro but the car itself is truly engaging to drive whether or not it's a automatic or manual it may not be everyone's cup of tea but this car doesn't pretend to be. The way the automatic is programmed is truly different experience from ones I've driven and to note I've driven many MT cars from Civic SI, Celica GT, MK3 Supra, it gets the job done especially if you intend to daily drive this car, now if your gonna track the heck out of this then MT might suit you more. Make sure you have on sport mode and sport trac to get the most of the paddle shifters. To really appreciate this car you really need to drive it and I've been more than satisfied to what the designers and engineers did. There's thousands of ways to mod and customize this car as well but for me the HIDS with LED, rebadge, drop in intake was all that it needs.

FR-S Great bang for your buck
By David Krishan

2015 Scion FR-S Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car isn't a rocket. It's a drifting, handling demon. If you want to go to the track and eat Mustangs, move on. You won't win. But if you want to have tremendous fun on corners, and a lively ride in traffic, this definitely is a car to consider.

Yes, it's a bit underpowered acceleration-wise. You have to know that going in. And don't even consider automatic - 6-speed all the way or go home. That said, it is SO much fun to whip around traffic, take 90-degree turns at 50mph+, etc. It corners like a dream and is incredibly responsive. It's just a fun car.

Also, it's a 2-seater. It may have four seats, but unless your friends are quad-amputees they won't fit in the back. This is purely a 2-person cruising machine. The only way it would be more fun is if they made it a convertible.

I have an hour-commute each way every day to work, and it puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. I have no regrets buying it.