Used 1990 Saab 900 Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$765 - $1,846

Used 900 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My favorite car ever

cactusleaf, 02/04/2014

Mine was a 1989, but 1990 was as far back as Edmunds goes! So, my 900S hatchback was the best car I'd ever owned. It was a rustbox.. it spent its life in New England and Syracuse, NY, so road salt had its way with it. But despite the body rot, this thing was a trooper. It never left me stranded, it never leaked oil (until the very end), and all I ever had to do was brakes and exhaust. Can't beat it in the snow, and for quick maneuvers. It has a strange interior, but so damn comfortable. Everything is in its place, and your hands just go where they need to. The clutch is so forgiving, the transmission a tank, and the handling quite solid. It feels like no other car.. so very endearing.

Original 900

Jeff Kiefer, 03/16/2015
2dr Hatchback

Original owner of basic 900 5 speed. Car has great utility, excellent accurate steering and is a quality car. It is very comfortable and fun to drive. Mine is a non turbo so not much power but it is smooth. Other than a head gasket and changing the AC over not much trouble. 148,500 miles. Fairchild in Bellingham has taken care of it at reasonable prices. Still love it and can't find any car with it's attributes I like.

My Saab

ama, 05/11/2004

I love to drive this car. I know it looks different and sometime I get a few strange looks, but I would not drive any other car.

First SAAB

Sprintdriver, 10/29/2003

The '90 was our first SAAB. From this experiance came two more, first a new '99 9-3 then a 2000 Viggen. The 900S is the real classic though. It, unfortunately is to be replaced on 10- 03 as it has begun to show signs of it's nearly 240,000 miles. It's to be replaced with another 2000 9-3. The 90 900S is a true classic that I will miss.

Wicked good car