Used 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3500 model:

great truck
By Tenderloin

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've had fords,chevys and this is by far the best truck i have ever owned.....

Big tie rod Ram buyback joke !
By Mark Champagne

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have one of the 2012 Ram 3500 which is available for the so called customer care buyback along with full list of other recalls to be now referred as Ram Rap sheet . Well things are so darn sweet and adorable when posted all over the media of the Fiat Chrystal buyback unless you actually own one of these gems and Actually wishes to excercise your rite for buyback as it's nothing Zero as court orders have detailed. I would feel a tiny confident at this point if someone actually wishes to help this grossly intentional negligent method used . I spent many months calling everyone even Fiat /Chrysler themselves and even the very corrupt company continue the same all throughput to include: Ram dealers &everyone involved all say " We are not familiar how this works . Well according to the big media sugar display " simply bring into local dealer for current KKB retail plus 10% . Ha ha first fraud ! The behind scene TRUTH is : bring into a dealer for a third party appraisal by " the very dealer that sells trucks and pays wholesale for purchase ". I am as driven to mountains and rolled off edge waiting for a single educational answer as to how much or when and how ( will ever ) be paid when they take my only vehicle which was intentional gross negligence that resulted in such rare circumstances and I am left no choice now but filing several charges to merely move on with life with a new truck ! My 8th Ram 2500/3500 always dedicated. Now I wish to drop Ram and begin With Chevrolet duramax as the cummins has totally let me and all others substantially down ( let alone I am certain criminal charges would follow pertaining to the manner used being 100% opposite from the recall settlement action suit. Imagine the recall Fiat customer service lines actually answer phones to say they have no information as to how the recall works as it's in the courts hands. Sorry so long of boring message. My 60k Ram with 20k miles also as of yesterday began engine lite on followed with quick fluttering/ stallling out with power acceleration one minute then sloppy fluttering, kind of like your first car when it chugged and quit . From cummins diesel only to anything but cummins turbo sadly

Ball Joints Bad
By Al

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have had several recalls on this truck. All taken in and repaired. But I only have 34000 miles on this one ton truck and the ball joints have gone bad. I don't abuse this truck. There is no way the ball joints should have gone bad. They wanted $1500.00 to fix it. They finally allowed me to purchase a extended warranty for $600 and a deductible of $100 to fix it.

Pretty darn nice
By pb58

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Limited Edition 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

After being a power-stroke guy for many years I made the switch to ram. Very glad I did. I have the Laramie package and it is pure luxury...truck or not. Uconnect works excellent, I have the 730n. High quality leather, great sound system, quite ride, more power than I will probably ever need...and I pull heavy equipment. Lumbar support is outstanding. M.P.G,s are not horrible for a 1 ton with this much power, I can get it down to about 14 if I drive hard, normal driving gets me about 18-19. Towing 14000# gets about 10. Call quality on Bluetooth is excellent. Took about 3 minutes to pair my iPhone and download the phone book. Absolutely no buyers remorse...love it. Would do it again!!

Bluetooth. Nav. Looks. Power. Interior style. Very happy converted power stroke guy. I looked at all 3 before I purchased anything, definitely get more truck for the money with ram. Also, towing capacity is awesome. I often tow as much as 15-16k and this barely breaks a sweat!!

Doesn't seem to have as many cubbies for "stuff". Only 2 cup holders up front but 4 in the rear??? No ashtray, or place to put one( see 2 cup holders)...probably not too many smokers left, but I am. No lighter. Turbo lag on take off is terrible. '96 was my 1st diesel, this is the worst, but still bearable. Will try to get used to it. You can tell I'm digging pretty deep for improvements. All in all a great truck.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab 6 spd Auto
By atvdude

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Traded off a 2008 Ram 3500 Mega Cab for a 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab. Huge improvement over the 2008. Interior quality is much better. Seats are very comfortable and good for long road trips, leather quality is excellent. Audio system sounds great. Very quiet for a diesel and more quiet than the 2008. Feature overload, still have not figured them all out yet.

Cummins Power! Remote Start, Smooth Automatic Transmission, Quiet, Nice Ride. The truck seems to be very solid and well put together. Good attention to detail, this truck looks and feels much more expensive than it is. By far the best interior of any truck on the market. Basically you feel like your in a upscale Mercedes.

Steering does not seem to be as good, truck seems to wander compared to the old truck, not sure if this is specific to just my truck or normal for these new trucks. I plan on having the dealer check it out. Back up camera does not turn on immediately when turning truck on and putting truck in reverse. Annoying message on radio during start up that you have to agree to their legal message that you will be careful when operating the radio while driving. Wish there was a way to remove it. Head room seems to be less than previous models. Truck sits lower than similar 2008 truck, don't like that.