Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Truck

Slamboni, 01/05/2020
2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I'm 6'2" tall and sat in all competitions, the Ram fits me like a glove. Seats are very comfortable and can drive a long way without any need to get out to stretch. Gas mileage is what is expected on a full size pick up truck. This is my 3rd Ram in 12 years. Keep on making them like this, and I will continue to be a repeat customer.

Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

2 out of 5 stars

You'll love it in the short-term, then hate it

MarkIn-NC, 09/09/2020
updated 09/13/2022
2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

These trucks have a fatal flaw in the transmission that Chrysler/Ram has refused to address. The transmission was designed as a sealed unit. You CANNOT change the transmission fluid EVER. Even if you want to. I owned one and had the torque converter go out at 146K miles. This is with religious oil changes and two noted requests to service the transmission at my dealership. Service advisor at the dealership called me up and quoted me almost $6K because the torque converter is part of the transmission and all one complete unit. You cannot just replace the torque converter. Who designs a car/truck like that?! I called Chrysler and told them that I can understand a torque converter going out at 146K miles, but why do I have to replace the entire transmission when it should cost me maybe $1500 to replace the torque converter? I offered to pay for up to $2K of the repair if they (Chrysler) would cover the rest. Especially since I had tried to service the transmission. They said, "no." So here I am, doing my best to steer people away from Ram and into a Tundra instead. Sure, the electronics don't compare to the Ram, but they will last 300K miles and beyond.

1 out of 5 stars

Ram customer service is the worst!!!

Christy Hates Ram, 04/01/2020
2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Here's my letter to RAM, COMPLETELY IGNORED: I purchased a truck from one of your dealers to tow a camper that I was going to purchase. The truck was loaded with trailer brake control and the giant mirrors. The dealer mentioned that Ram trucks with the Hemi can tow 11,340 LBS with no mention of gear ratios. The gear ratio issue came up when I went to purchase the camper only to find out that my truck was not build to tow more than 8,000 LBS (even though it has a "tow package") due the 3.21 gears that are installed in the truck instead of the 3.95 gears that should have been in the tow package. I contacted Ram customer care, they sent me to the dealer only to get two insane options (swap out the gears for a full retail price of $6,000 or trade the truck at a $18,000 loss). I've had the truck for less than 6 months with less than 10,000 miles. I went back to Ram customer care only to get "I'm sorry there's nothing we can do". The dealer took advantage of me, a single widow of a disabled veteran that is on a fixed income to sell a truck that was ordered/built in a way that made it unsalable. Nobody without plans of towing would buy a truck with those ridiculous mirrors and nobody that had plans of towing would buy a truck with the non-towing gear ratios. An unscrupulous RAM dealer took advantage of me and my only hope was with RAM corporate only for them to tell me to take a hike. RAM needs to step up and take care of this situation, swap out the gears or exchange the truck. Please forward this to the powers that be so this can be handled in a proper way.

Dodge Ram powersteering issues

Kevin, 03/24/2022
2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Let me start by say this 2020 Ram 1500 is my 4th...The powersteering went out completely not drivable...They can't even request the part till 9 days after the fact...they ordered and still don't know when they will get it...The best they can do is give me a rental for 5 days...was told to pay the rest out of pocket and they would submit papers to try and get my money back...REALLY ??? This is not a new problem and this is the best they can do ??? If they don't figure out how to make this right I will be done with Dodge Ram for life...This is not backing your product...Even after I told them about my wife having cancer and many Doctors appointments and the strain of only having 1 vehicle not having extra money for rentals...All I got was sorry...They have a chance to make it right if they don't I'll be done with them . I will make writing bad reviews my new hobby....

Awesome truck!

Mike, 01/11/2020
2020 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4dr Crew Cab 6.3 ft SB (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

The 2020 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck. I have only had it for 10 days, but already I love it . It is everything you would want in a truck. Comfort, ride, power, the Ram has it all and then some. The 5.7l hemi is amazing!