2018 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Macan model:

Nice macan gts
By Brian Chan

2018 Porsche Macan GTS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love this macan GTS as it just fit all my needs! Good handling, stylish, good power, enough space!

Best Handling SUV on Planet Period.
By Omegax

2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Just owned Sport Model since last week put around 500 miles. Loved it. It seduce to drive more.

Fun, fast, comfortable
By Lynn Fredericks

2018 Porsche Macan 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Owned 3 mo/5k miles, daily driver. My office. Pros, comfort, ride quality, quiet, fast, handles amazing, easy in/out,fun. Can handle 2 iPhones simultaneously, WiFi good, initial fit finish is excellent. Cons. Porsche snobs (either think you are rich or look down their nose at it.) active advanced safety options not as good as last car.long learning curve, porsche does things different, learning how to accelerate with turbo lag. ( initially issue, but now after I got used to ok.) lack of in cabin storage. Ordering took 2 weeks to figure out. I am into cars and this is my first Porsche, and I now know why they are so loved. Last car was a nightmare, Jeep Grand Cherokee which basically cost what macan did, only kept 18 month. Didn’t want same problems so went for top of quality list this time. If something happens to macan would go order another one. I was given one of the models with bigger engines as a loaner, and prefer this little 4cyl., it is more nimble and plenty of acceleration. To The on line wanna be trolls, who told me to buy a Toyota, when I asked about daily use questions, I’m glad I didn’t listen to you, “flash” brings a smile to my face evert time I start her up!

Wow dude so Cali cool car.
By Smokey

2018 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Wow dude Board on top off to the surf. So Cali cool dude

Great SUV but it’s not perfect
By Steve Morley

2018 Porsche Macan Sport Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

The good:Great performance, good handling and very comfortable. The 18 way adjustable seats are excellent. Interior leather overall is high quality. Heated and cooled seats work great. Very low road noise and excellent sound system (I have the premium audio option). The interactive cruise control is a great option. Of course it looks great!

The bad: The infotainment interface is poor. Just getting it registered with Porsche is a major headache. The navigation system data entry is useless. It seems the database is not fully updated. Difficult to find addresses and forget searching by point of interest. My 2011 BMW X5 was much better. No real time traffic information even thought it’s supposed to have this feature.

The control switches for the info system are more VW than Porsche. Does not feel like it’s high quality.

Air con is working OK but does not seem as powerful (cool down) as other cars I have owned. Just about good enough.

The ugly: The layout of the switches and in the centre consul is confusing. Forget the buttons in the overhead consul while driving. Just can’t see them.

The garage opener is hard to program. I managed to get it working but the instructions are poor. The dealer also tried but it did not work first time.

The external temperature sensor is never accurate. Porsche say it’s something to do with the sensor location and you need to drive at least three miles for it to read properly. Never had a car like that!

The parking system is very limited. Just a rear camera and audible sensors front and rear. No 360 degree camera.

Last but not least the service cost. First service is just an oil change $800!. 2nd service (20,000) is an oil change and some filters $1,200. In three years normal service >$2,400. Since the motor is same as Audi and VW this is just over charging. I got my services included free of charge in the lease.

Apple car play is included in the connect services. So to keep it after the first year it will cost $400 per year. Unfortunately more Porsche greed.

Do I like the car. No. I love it. Best SUV from a drivers view point and it looks fantastic.