2017 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Porsche Macan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Macan model:

this is the one to get
By Wallace Ip

2017 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Over the last 15 years I've had an X5 and two X3's, all brilliant SUVs in their own right, but this one is in a class all by itself. The drive and handling are typical Porsche; the more and the harder you drive it, the more confidence it instills. It's simply unflappable. It doesn't handling quite at the level of a 911 or a Boxster, but no other SUV even comes close, the aforementioned bimmers included. It even gets better mileage than either the X5 or the X3's. The Macan's styling is superb, and although it is built on the same platform as the Audi Q5, compared side-by-side it makes the Q5 look like a soap box. Admittedly the Macan S runs a few grands higher than all the other mentioned vehicles, but don't let that deter you from a test drive. It might just change your mind. It did mine.

Bought it for Performance
By Gus

2017 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Have a 2016 Macan S with over 40,000 miles. Not one problem so far. Service can be expensive but most service instructions are on the internet : ie, how to change air filters and plugs. Local dealer is excellent. Competition may provide more electronics and other things, but i purchased a Porsche simply for performance and i have not been disappointed.

I love my Macan
By Lily

2017 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love my Macan..it’s comfortable for long rides and it’s so nimble, that is a pleasure to drive...I’m so happy with it..can’t imagine downgrading to another car after this...my last car was a 2016 Volvo XC60 and I liked that car too...but the Macan is in a different class...

Not safe to own. Curtain airbags did not deploy.
By Lucio

2017 Porsche Macan 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

We were T-boned in an intersection spinning our car sideways towards where the other car is coming from. The curtain airbags did not deploy. The passenger door where my 10 year old daughter was sitting twisted that both doors on the right side cannot be opened.Porsche claimed that it has to be at a certain speed and angle for it to deploy. Seriously? It would have been a different story if we were injured. Luckily, we were ok. What is sad is porsche stated that there is no need for further investigation since the technician claimed that it did not meet the threshold. Well how do I know if the sensors are working ok if they dont test it? If you care for safety, I don’t recommend porsche cars. I believe its better and safer to drive asian luxury cars for the price you pay.

Drivers car
By Tony

2017 Porsche Macan S 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7AM)

Performance and handling are exceptional. PDK transmission is outstanding. Best handeling suv I have driven.