Used 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Am for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Pontiac Grand Am

Jean, 12/12/2004
GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A very nice care and good value for the money, however a little more head room would be nice.

Glad to have had this for my first car.

Zdebedout, 01/14/2017
GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I would say if your thinking about getting this car then go for it. My grand am has been great to me iv owned it for 4 years and only had to put about $600 in repairs while having 138,000 miles on the car. this car is very reliable and to be honest actually way cooler then i first thought. For a cheep everyday driver it is fast and fun all while using regular gas and not hurting my bank. One thing that i found to be great is that there is actually a community around this car and entire website devoted to custom grand am. just google custom grand am and you will find it. i love my grand am. not to mention the car has held its value greatly i paid $1,700 for mine and found that in its condition i could sell it for up to $2,500 after just fixing a few things and owning it for 3 whole years.

2nd Grand Am Owned

Gorgeous Gal08, 06/08/2008
GT 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

All in all a good car except for when the security light comes on and car doesn't start unless you leave the key in the ignition switch for 10 minutes in the "on" position. Owners manual stated this. Estimated costs to fix $425, plus labor. Needs longer warranty. Very bad electrical problems, especially with the computer. RPM gauge was messed up for half a day. Going 60 mph and running at 3,000 rpm. Would not shift into overdrive. Kinda ridiculous. 1st Grand Am had similar problems but the security light stayed on all the TIME. Air conditioner did not work.

Beware

Tucker James, 10/19/2008
GT 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 2004 Grand Am GT with SC/T package last November. When i first got it i loved it but two weeks into owning the car i've replace the EGR, two ABS wheel hubs, a water pump, and got a hole in the muffler, so replaced that too. The GM shop told me after fixing the water pump to save my money cause my tranny is going out and my mass control arms are going bad too. All these problems and not even had the car for a year. oh did i mention i got the car with only 30 thousand miles and i drive all highway!

Great first car!!!

Tj Keen, 10/27/2016
GT1 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 04 Grand Am GT1 Coupe a few months ago, and so far besides a few issues it has been very reliable for me. I bought it with just over 100,000 miles, and the fuel pump went around 103,000 miles but $250 I think it was isn't bad. Now at almost 105,000 I had to get the ignition switch changed because the car wouldn't turn over a couple times. All in all I love this car, I've always wanted one of these since I was a kid lol. It is a blast to drive I haven't driven it in the winter yet obviously but hopefully it is as good as people are saying it is. The one thing that kind of bugs me is the turn signal ticking when I'm not using it. But that doesn't bother me as much because I either have the radio turned up or the windows/sunroof open or both. I do also love the fact I have Sirius XM as well. I can now listen to hard rock music besides just alternative crap around here by Chicago. But overall I'd recommend this car for any first experience drivers who are looking for a affordable sports car.

12345...8