Used 1993 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Firebird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

1993 Trans American Musclecar

D. Benn, 05/21/2010
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car late in its life. It had 80,000 miles on it and it was spotless. I bought it because I knew they sold cheap, and I like tinkering with cars, so it was a fast car for a low price. This car is comfortable and fun to drive. It has the last version of the original small block Chevrolet engine (LT1) so you get that legendary sweet exhaust tone as you drive. It runs and drives like a true blooded American muscle car. I love and savor every second I drive it. My car stock did 14.1@99 mph 1/4 mile at the race track. The LT1 (1993-1997) cars are complex engines and it takes time, patience and experience to understand them. Buy only if you like working on cars.

Still Strong

Heckel, 09/18/2008
Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for a year now and have no complaints. It handles very well and takes off how and when you want it to. Its got 186,000 miles on it and you would never know it without looking at the numbers.I've won several competitions and am now a true firebird fan.

10 years later

locmar, 12/11/2002
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

Overall the Trans Am has held up quite well for a vehicle approaching it's tenth birthday. Given the fact it has spent nine hot summers here in the southwest, the only thing that has needed replaced is the plastic lock buttons on the drivers door and the hatchback struts which just recently had to be replaced. The only cost issue I can see for a potential owner is the higher cost of insurance if you have a lead foot. :)

A tail of two Cars!

BigNick, 07/10/2003
Formula 2dr Hatchback

This truly is a tale of two cars. On one hand you have the amazing head turning style, power and handeling. Yet you must put up with many mechanical problems. The engine and trannsmission are very strong, it is all the ancillary mechanical parts(emmissions) that tend to give you problems. For me the Power Handeling, and the all important "babe Magnet"factor outweighs the negatives.

NICE

wingsfan414, 07/11/2004
Trans Am 2dr Hatchback

It's a great car. It's eleven years old and is still running strong. Everything in the interior is easy to reach and your hand naturaly falls on the shifter. Al my friends love it.