Used 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Voyager for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Got my money's worth

DL, 05/01/2006
SE 3dr Minivan

Bought this vehicle as a Program car with 73 miles - used at the MCI golf tournament first. At 144K now, still on first transmission. No big problems yet. Water pump, tensioner, and brakes replaced (twice). Wipers on their own plan at times. Just replaced wiper motor. Lock quit working on right sliding door. I'll never get locked out this way! Great family car for trips. Being in military, we've done many and this van made it very bearable.

Lasted 200 K miles

ds, 07/08/2008
3dr Minivan

Original owner, now has 210,000 miles. This thing eats brakes and batteries,and is on its third: serpentine belt, tensioner, starter, and several other parts. lots of other parts replaced once. Never any problems with exhaust, or engine. minor elec. problems/annoyances. Transmission has leaked for 3 years, but with adding fluid keeps working fine. This van has tons of room. These can be great, cheap used cars. By now, evertyhing that can break, already has. Get brakes replaced where they offer a guarantee; you'll need it.

keeps going

keeps going, 11/11/2009
3dr Minivan

Bought the van use in 04, with 125k. It now has 200k yes we have had a new trans. Just last year, replaced the 13 yr. Old starter this week, struts, fuel pump a few yrs. Back just your normal stuff. It does have the 3.3 and not the 3.0 v-6 had one w/ the Mitsubishi 3.0 very bad motor! If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Absolute Lemon

David J. Phillips, 07/07/2002
3dr Minivan

Absolute lemon from day one. I purchased a warranty for $1200 from the dealer, and although the problems began immediately, the warranty never covered a single one. I bagan taking the vehicle back to the dealership for "warranty" repairs within 1 week of purchase, but I was charged for all. I've spent over $1500 on the brake system alone, & the vehicle is now un- drivable due to brake problems again. I've had major problems with oil leaks & the electrical system, & although these problems are all listed as "factory re-calls," not once has my warranty been honored.

It's a lemon - Do not purchase this van!

jt23, 07/15/2002
SE 3dr Minivan

Purchased in April 2000. Currently have over $5000 in repairs invested in this lemon: A/C system (all of it) twice, starter, ignition, water pump, central processor, all belts. During the first 6 months I owned the vehicle it was in the shop for over 60 days and left me stranded on a highway. Chrysler and it's dealerships are not concerned about customer satisfaction. They both repeatedly deny their liability on recurrent problems and appear utterly incapable of fixing any problems. My new Honda Odyssey is due in 2 weeks - I will never own another Chrysler.

12345...8