Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Hate to Trade It, but...

Frank, 11/23/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car as an early lease return and paid half of what a new one cost. It has had the typical repairs (dimming headlight problem and ignition switch failure) but overall it has been reliable and a head turner whenever we take it out. It has never seen snow or winter roads (a garage queen) but the resale value is plummeting, parts seem to be in short supply, and my extended warranty is up, so it will be traded in shortly for a fraction of what should be worth. I, too, am sorry GM bailed out on this one. It was my third Olds and by far the best. I tried a Cadillac CTS but it just doesn't come close. Looks like an Acura may be the next step.

A Lot of Car for the Money

Airfiddler, 12/09/2006
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking around for an econobox when I saw this car. It was in beautiful condition, well looked after. One test drive and I was sold. Hey great gas mileage isn't everything. The engine and transmission are soooo smooth. It has lots of power, and it has a great snarl when you put your foot into it. The ride is a little firmer and noisier than my Buick Riviera's. It could be the low profile 17" wheels and tires. Its build quality is adequate. It's no Lexus, but for what you will pay it can't be beat. A few little things may bug you, like burnt out dash lights or the odd squeak now and then. That 4.0 litre Northstar DOHC engine is worth the price of entry alone. It's so quiet and vibration free compared to the Riviera's 3800 V6.

A great, low-key luxury car

lola, 03/13/2002
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Aurora because I wanted a great luxury car that was also understated (unlike a Lexus or Audi). It is fantastic on long trips or around town. I like it so much that I now have 2!

Fun and reliable

srcorvettez06, 04/07/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The harder I beat on this car the more it asks for. I have a cool air intake and I painted the brakes and mufflers with rustoleum. I'm 17 and really beat on my car. It's faster than it looks. After port and polishing the intake, I was able to keep up with a Camaro RS with a 305ci. The 3.5 has a lot of potential. Removing the Cat and Res boosted 12 Horses at the front wheels. Intake was about another 5 with port and polish adding 8. My only recommendation to everyday drivers is getting a set of Goodyear Assurance Luxurys. I ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. They can take the Aurora around corners at about 3X the speed limit. Really expensive but they last forever.

330,000 miles of reliability

WLV, 02/03/2017
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Get the 4.0 Engine, Heated Seats, Travel from the Central Coast to SLC and still have your energy left, a great long distance car. Four inches of snow and ice and very little slip.

12345...19