Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews

Used Aurora for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Disappointment

judye, 06/24/2008
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I hadn't purchased it. It's been a money pit, since I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Got a great deal on it, or so I thought-even bought the less expensive extended warranty from GM. That's where the 'deal' ended.The car has been in and out of the shop.So far, I have spent over $3,000 on repairs. Towed 5 times-for no starts,window & wiper motors, theft system faults, constant oil leaks-change every 3,000 mi.& add a quart every month, pollution equipment, peeling chrome rims-to name a few. 90% of repairs aren't covered under the warranty."Should have bought the more expensive one." I did like this car-nice ride, comfortable, luxurious. Nothing but regrets-too expensive to maintain.

My last GM car

3 Time Olds Owner, 10/22/2009
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 GM products but this is my last one. The car has needed $1500 in transmission work, $300 to fix a steering shaft, has suffered a leaking trunk and leaking sun roof, has various electrical gremlins, and has been an overall disappointment. Of the last 6 oil changes, only one visit was just for an oil change, in fact I've spent over $4000 in repairs in two years. Its no wonder why GM went bankrupt after owning this car.

Was good in the beginning

Robin, 07/05/2010
4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Aurora with 40,000 miles on it. It was great nice smooth ride handled well and loved the set up inside. About 3 years ago I started having problems with the wheel barons and have replaced the front driver and passenger side about three times each. All the Windows don't work the motors inside all broke the sun roof leaks. The transmission leaks, the oil leaks I have to put almost 5 qt in between each oil change and I had to replace the alternator twice in one year along with many other things. I just put a brand new alternator in a month ago and had to buy a battery yesterday and my battery light is on and says check charging system and I don't know why. I regret buying this car

Great Car Overall

niteowl, 04/02/2004
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a good ownership experience. The car rides great, is quiet, and the V6 gives a good compromise between mileage and power. I drove the V8, and while it has more power the front end was heavier and the car seemed less agile. Excellent highway cruiser. After a long trip we are much less tired than riding in other cars we have owned. Have seen others complain about squeaks/rattles/fit/finish, howevever, I have had no problems. No warranty issues other than replaced front tie rods at 35,000 miles--seems to be an issue with this car and the Seville, which share the same platform.

2001 Olds Aurora

Glenn, 10/20/2006
3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My car is fun to drive - it handles securely in traffic and on the road. After 70,000 miles it has been very reliable with only two trips to the dealer for repair service. It is a good sized car that is very comfortable and economic to drive. My car gets over 30 mpg on the road and usually 26 - 27 mpg overall. I have never been stuck in the snow here in Wisconsin. The V6 engine seems to have adaquate power in passing other cars on the open road. The trunk space could be a little larger, but that is a small matter overall. If GM were were still making this model it would be first on my list when looking for another sedan.

12345...19