2015 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

BODY RUST and Bluetooth mic issues
By Paula

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV PRO-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Xterra PRO X new from the Ft Lauderdale Dealership replacing my "one owner" 12 year old Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Loved the Xterra and body style and a few of my friends had them in the past and raved about it. Now, I only drive my car 6 months a year, otherwise its stored in a covered shed when not in use in Sebastian, FL 10 miles from the coastline. I rated the the in/out access as poor since my 6' mate complains about the clearance when he gets in. I'm 5'5" and have no complaints. My first real issue which was never resolved was the poor quality of the mic for the handsfree voice command which was extremely important to me when making my purchase decision. I took it back three times with promises of a solution but in the end nothing could be done. Basically if I drive over 40 miles an hour and tried to use the handsfree phone my voice was unrecognizable rendering all the voice command functions useless. My battery died after 14 months but the dealer replaced it at no cost. Right now I am battling a rusting issue. Two years old and everything outside in the rear end is rusting badly. The bumper, hitch, bolts and apparently the under carriage too, so I was told. For a "Sport Utility" vehicle, its not very sporty. I took it back to the dealer feeling this was a warranty issue. Two visits and weeks later they are still not agreeing to cover the rust. So far they are claiming its an environmental issue. HELLO!!! Its Florida. I had my Ford Sport Trac for 12 years in FLORIDA at a time when I lived in a house that was right on the water and it never showed any signs of rusting. Because the Ford had an external bed I would toss my wet salty kitesurfing gear in the back all the time. It was awesome. However, with my new Xterra, I am anal with the my wet gear because I have to put it inside the car. As I am a born and raised Floridian, I don't like the smell of dampness so I always clean and rinse everything before it goes in my car and take it out when I get home to hang and fully dry every time. I use a "wet gear bag" to isolate the damp items in transition. The interior has no rust signs which if I was a careless owner with wet or salty gear, it would surely be apparent inside the cargo space. I am mainly concerned with the long term value of my vehicle. If after two years I have this much rust what will it be like in 10? I am a yacht captain and like to keep my possessions in tip top ship shape. I am very disappointed with my Xterra and at a loss as to whether I should sell it now before its to late and loses much of its resale value. I'm still making payments at this time. How bad is that? Its sad to see a nice car rusting. My brother has a Chevy Suburban. Its over 20 years old and has over 250,000 miles. He uses it for launching his boat all the time and he has zero rust. The dealer asked me if I was using my Xterra to launch a boat. Even if I was, its still only 2 YEARS OLD!!!!

Most versatile vehicle I have ever owned.
By On the move granny

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 59 year old single grandma. I like to dress up and go to the theatre. I like to dress down and go camping. I love my Xterra. It meets all my needs. Affordable to commute to work daily. Classy enough to take out for a play at the theatre. Strong enough to pull camper. I want to cry hearing they are no longer making this vehicle. I did serious research before purchasing this vehicle and it paid off. Multi functional was my main need in a vehicle. MY XTERRA is the top of line for my needs.

Poor gas mph
By Norbert Popkowski

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading that I have a 21 gallon gas guzzler I am even more angry about my car. I had a 2006 x-terra for ten years and never got less than 18 mph in the city. My great new 2015 gives me less than 10 mph. My wonderful dealership blames the EPA because of the way they test vehicles. Does not solve my problem!!!! If I had to do over again I should have kept my 2006 vehicle. Thank you Crown Nissan in St. Petersburg for making me sucker of the year.

The reason for the review
By J

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV PRO-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

What you should know it a clutch is wear and tear Item and also the flywheel. Bought used with 24000 and now with 30000 clutch had to be fixed and the flywheel. It not covered under warranty. Other earlier models had to a clutch replace after 5000 miles. Other had transmission issues after a couple of years owning theirs. So now I have almost a brand new car. Went to top in Nissan to see if they stand with there product they just said it not covered and they would not cover it. Just think before you buy.

Great Vehicle
By Ocean Boi

2015 Nissan Xterra SUV PRO-4X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the fact that it has a strong engine and is built on a strong truck body frame. I love the high ground clearance. The seats fold down perfectly flat or can be removed. The gas mileage could be better. The traction control button is useful. The fact I can plug my IPAD in and get satellite radio is a bonus. If the seats in the front are pushed back it leaves little room for the back passengers. Runs GREAT!. No regrets. If I had to do it all over again I would have bought this vehicle.