Used 2003 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 161 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Engine failure
By Aly

2003 Nissan Xterra XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Crappy gas mileage. Super small. Had it for only 5 months before the engine died, while I was driving on the highway with my 2 small kids. Terrible and not safe.

Nice car
By Robert Crews

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great handling car. very good in tight spots. easy to park. gas mileage leaves a lot to be desired for a Nissan.

My Girl Roxanne
By Kimberlee

2003 Nissan Xterra XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I sincerely love this car, I have been driving her for 5 years and my parents bought her at 24000 miles. It's bare bones, manual locks, manual windows, four cylinder engine and five speed manual. My parents bought her and she had been bounced around from dealership to dealership around the US. The only repairs I have had to do is two new clutches and one total transmission rebuild, and wear and tear things on it and she now has 206000 and is still running strong. I learned to drive on this car and I now drive her every day for school in the harsh winters of Idaho (which I didn't have to do back home in WA). I don't look forward to the day it costs more to fix her than she is worth because it has been a great car for me and my parents. My mom drove her everyday to work and got awesome gas mileage in stop and go traffic and I continue to get the same. I have added a new stereo with Bluetooth and USB and AUX for ease of travel when going in between WA and ID but other wise she is still pretty stock in accessories. I have taken her scouting for deer and elk because I am a hunter and she has never skipped a beat, I have driven her in 8 inches of snow and boy does the manual transmission and BFG All Terrain KO2's she does awesome. This is a hard car for me to beat it has been reliable every time I've needed it and will forever be my favorite car.

2003 nissan extera
By Bill

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

best ride I have ever owned,,,,269000 and going strong,,,regular repairs over time,,,but nothing major.

Love Love Love this car!
By annelise.early7@gmail.com

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my x-terra three years ago. It has over 200k miles and I haven't had any problems! It is super reliable and runs great for how old It is. The ceiling lining is starting to unattach and the gas mileage is not too great, but other than that I love it!