Used 2018 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Titan for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Incredible truck!

Colin, 09/25/2018
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I'm about a month into the purchase of my 2018 Titan Pro4X Crew Cab, and I'm absolutely loving it. I traded in a 2015 BMW 335i since I needed something to tow with, and although I loved that car and miss the manual transmission, the Titan still puts a big grin across my face when I drive it. I've already towed a boat with it, and it didn't even feel like it was back there. Great power and the engine sounds great when you want it to, but quiet when you don't want to hear it. The interior is extremely comfortable and feels well put together. With several other nissans in the family (a few over 100k miles and one over 250k), it looks like the interior durability is comparable which means it should look like new in 10 years like my others. I test drove all the full size trucks, and the titan really provided the best bang for your buck. I think the ride and interior quality is much better than the ford, it's light years ahead of the tundra (though I can't fault those for reliability), I personally don't like the styling of the GM twins but they do have great drivetrains, and the new 2019 RAM 1500 came in a close second place for me. In the end, I think the Titan rides nearly as well as the RAM, and while it doesn't offer quite as many bells and whistles, I was able to get into a Titan for about $10k less than a comparably equipped RAM. I think the only options I would have liked that I don't have would be a regular (non-pano) sunroof, and a heads up display. Cooled seats, around view monitor, LED headlights and foglights, and insane amounts of bed utility and storage under the rear seat are some jump out options that I love. Call me a happy truck owner! UPDATE 9/25/19: I have 15,000 miles on the truck and no difference in option. Still drives and smells like new. I’ve taken several road trips and the seats and ride quality are so comfortable, I had no fatigue even on a 22 hour (straight) drive. My average fuel economy is 16.4 mpg - I use the Fuelly app to track every fill up. My best gas mileage is 21.7 all highway driving at 78 mph. Lowest is 13.2 mostly city with ~120 miles of towing a boat. I do wish the fuel tank was larger but it gives you a lot of warning before it’s empty. No regrets buying a Titan! Update 03/25/2021: 31k miles now and still have no plans to get rid of my Titan. Still very solid/comfortable and a great road trip machine. Towed a u-haul trailer through the Rockies with no issues. I’ve had the fan clutch and EVAP canister replaced under warranty but no other issues. I wouldn’t trade my truck in for a new one because I like how analog everything is on mine. No auto braking, no intelligent cruise control, no auto start/stop (worst feature ever), no cylinder deactivation, etc. It’s just a truck, like it’s supposed to be. And new trucks have gotten out of control on pricing.

TITAN - made in USA! Great Truck!!!

Sam, 06/27/2018
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

I trade trucks at least every year. During the past 7 years I’ve owned Tundra, Sierra 1500, Silverado 1500, and Ram 1500. I’ve never owned a Titan because of reviews - this year I decided to look at a Titan, and I’m glad I did. Getting out of a Ram 1500, great truck, but time for a change. Looked at a Sierra 1500 SLT, but not near the options of the Titan. Also looked at a Silverado LT 1500, again not near the option as the Titan. GMC nor Chevy could touch pricing of the Titan. The Titan is probably the best riding truck I’ve purchased. In addition it’s made in Canton MS vs. GMC and Chevy - made in Mexico - a deciding factor. In addition, the Titan has a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty - so guess Nissan has faith in reliability.

SV Midnight Edition

JMattmuller, 12/06/2018
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

5,600 miles in and I still love this truck. Before making this purchase I did a lot of research and had narrowed my search down to the titan, 2019 Ram 1500 and the 2018 F150. The titan had the lowest reported mpg, but when you compared the purchase price to the other 2 trucks we'd have to hit almost $5/gal for the Ford or Ram to come up ahead in a 10 year cost of ownership for me. When I came across the midnight edition at my dealership it was a done deal, a similarly equipped Ford or Ram would have cost $15-20K more than what I spent. The one negative I have is the infotainment system. I previously was driving an Apple Carplay equipped vehicle and the Nissan factory system just doesn't match up. With all of the money I saved on the purchase I was able to put an after market Carplay receiver into the truck, and there isn't anything else I would change with this truck! Update 12/7/20: At 15,000 miles I had the engine knock issue that is pretty well documented by now. The fix was a new long block engine. I've put another 30,000 miles on the truck since and have had no further issues. I still love this truck and plan on putting many more miles on it!

Love my Pro4X

Kurt B., 05/14/2018
PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

This is a capable truck for both offroad and towing. My last Titan went over 300K with no problems whatsoever. The new version has all the new amenities you would expect of a modern truck. Be warned the Pro4X suspension is on the stiff side. Overall I love the truck.

Finally Decided on a Titan.

JBG, 10/30/2019
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 7A)

A little back story, I have had 3 back operations in the past 15 years, Could probably use 1 more. Plus have herniated discs in my neck. By the way I am 66 years old and still working in the construction industry. Until a month ago, I was driving a 1990 Dodge 250 Diesel (which I still own) 2wd loaded down with all of my tools and a compressor. My weekend car is a Lexus460. The Dodge drives pretty well and all of the weight makes it comfortable but it is 30 years old and my wife refuses to ride in it with me so I decided to get finally get a new truck for myself. More than anything ride comfort is a priority. Before I purchased the Titan I spent the better part of a month test driving the various brands on 24 mile route that I cover every working day. I was up front with the sales person at each dealership by letting them know that I was on a mission to get the most comfortable truck for my particular needs. I drove all of the brands both gas and diesel in the 1500 sizes and even the Honda Ridgeline. Quality wise I thought that all of them were more than adequate, But ride wise the Titan won out. I read plenty of reviews and figured that the reviewers must have driven on WAY smoother roads then what we have here in Salt Lake City UT. Chevy and Ford have 2 leaf springs in the back which I thought would make them ride smoother than the Titan but I found them both to be somewhat choppy. To be fair the aforementioned both had 20inch wheels compared to the Titans 18 and that probably figured in the harsh ride. I drove the Dodge 1500 with 4 coil springs and the ride was not any better than the other 2. Probably because the drivers seat to me was as hard as a rock. Next was the Honda, Better than the others but still not as car like as the reviews claim. The price was the same as the Titan but it lacked some of the immeneties. All and all the Titan won out. The ride is not perfect but it just feels good.and my body is not screaming me. The interior is not loaded with every conceivable gadget but it emits a certain amount of class that the others lack. Maybe because it is more simplistic and that 390 hp v8 is an absolute pleasure. Lastly the vehicle is a Certified 2018 with 6k on odometer. With a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty Nissan definitely has more faith in their vehicles than the big 3.