Used 2012 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

2012 Rogue worth the money
By Heather Speert

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is an SUV that drives like a sedan.

2012 Rogue worth the money
By Heather Speert

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is an SUV that drives like a sedan.

Good car
By Terry Frost

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Woulda Coulda been a great car
By D. Bombus

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First couple of years were good with no problems. Acceleration from a stop is spotty at best. In the summer, it's very sluggish to start, transmission whines. Wife noticed a transmission whine and slipping on a highway trip a few months ago. Took it to AutoNation Nissan Arapahoe where it's had ALL servicing done. I complained about loss of gas mileage, whine, and sluggish starts. They said the transmission was over-filled. What? You're the only place that services this vehicle. No explanation. They also over-fill the tires. Maybe it's their way of trying to get gas mileage up. With almost 49k miles, I'm worried the CVT is going to give out. The 5 years will be up soon. I do like the car. It's comfortable and pleasant. Took it from Denver to Mt. Rushmore to Billings to Denver that 1st summer, 2012. It was great. MPG was 28+. With a change of tires it's noisier and now MPG is down to 26. Still acceptable, but I'm not liking the trend. Knowing about transmission issues and the lurking ones I might have, I wouldn't recommend it.

Not A Reliable Family or Traveling Vehicle!
By Cristy Bramhall

2012 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I should have listened to the reviews and my husbands gut feeling. I had previously purchased a 2007 Pontiac G6 from Economy Nissan in Durango, Colorado. Several months after I purchased it the brakes needed to be replaced. Shorly after that the 2007 Pontiac G6 stopped running. Found out it was an O2 Sensor and another issue that Nissan would not fix and stated I would have to go to a dealership that works on Pontiacs. Thank goodness it was under Federal Warranty and I didn't have to pay for the issues that needed to be fixed. After a year or so the vehicle started wobbling. Come to find out three of the rims were bent. I have no idea how. And again they would not fix. Then there were several recalls and I chose to trade it in for another vehicle. Against my better judgement I went back to Economy Nissan and ended up trading it for a 2012 Nissan Rogue. I am paying way more for the vehicle than it's worth for starters. Three months after I purchased the vehicle my family and I were going to Silverton, Colorado for the fourth of July. While going up Coal Bank pass as soon as I hit 10,000 ft elevation I started losing power. With the gas pedal all the way to the floor I barely made it to the halfway point to where my husband had to take off the battery terminal to reset the engine and all the settings. We proceeded to our destination after replacing the battery terminals and the power was restored where we chose to camp and then we're going to go into Silverton to watch the fireworks. Unfortunately, the Rogue would not start. It wouldn't turn over at all. We missed watching the fireworks and ended up waiting til the next day to walk to where we had cell service to call a tow truck to come from Durango. Needless to say it was very frustrating and we had the vehicle dropped off at Economy Nissan to be looked at the following day (Monday). They ran a diagnosis and told us the battery was running half charged. So they fully charged it. We feel this was not the problem at all and they were covering up for a problem they didn't want to fix because the Rogue was 5,000 miles out of warranty. After this event the vehicle lost power a couple of times crossing the highway at about 6,500 ft elevation. Economy Nissan said they could not find the cause for this. On July 4th, 2016, going to Silverton, Colorado in the same place the Rogue lost power going up Coal Bank Pass and would not go past the halfway point. It wouldn't even move in reverse out of the parking lot. I had to push the Rogue backward to get it starting down hill the way we came. The gas pedal was once again to the floor as it was coming up the hill. I made a service appointment for July 11, 2016 for a diagnosis. The results were the module in the transmission was going bad. I was told in not so many words that the whole transmission would need to be replaced for $4,000 for the transmission who knows how much for the labor, etc. And that because it was passed the warranty mileage Nissan wouldn't cover it. So I contacted Consumer Affairs and pleaded my case. After they spoke with Nissan the review was they could not help me because the Rogue is out of warranty. So now, I am stuck with a car that isn't worth what I am paying. Not by half and I feel Nissan knew about this problem. There are many, many bad reviews and Nissan refuses to fix this problem with Nissan. What if the Rogue loses power when crossing a major intersection and I have no control over the steering and I am hit with my grandkids in the car? Obviously, Nissan doesn't care because all they could say is "I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating. I wished we could help you further." So, with all that being said, DO NOT BUY A NISSAN ROGUE OR ANYTHING FROM ECONOMY NISSAN OF DURANGO, COLORADO !!!