Used 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Good buy
By Spencer

2016 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It’s a smooth ride, lots of room. It’s my wife’s primary but I like it better than my explorer.

Not Worth the Money
By Tod

2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle is not worth the money. Lots of issues since I pull off the lot. Can not get the dealership to work on them. Their response - Works as designed. If I was to put all the issues I am having with this vehicle I would be writing a book

wosrt suv ever owned
By neehar

2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Update: the lift gate will make a sound on warm days and automatically close on you . So please be extra careful. My car is under warranty so Nissan is fixing it for free but won’t fix it once out of warranty. If you don't care about fuel economy and power then this will be the best suv for you. Bluetooth pairing is very bad i like ford sync better. Max MPG i may get is when i put the car in 2WD mode. NISSAN says that AUTO mode does change the drive mode to 2WD for higher MPG but this is not true. I hope nissan gets away from CVT transmission some day. The latest i heard is nissan dealers are trying to get ride of this vehicle from their lots by reducing the prices eg a sales rep went from 40K to 32K in less than 5 min for a platinum 4WD. So, I would ask buyers to spend extra money on MDX or MAZDA CX9

Fantastic SUV, couldn't be more satisfied..
By Mike B

2016 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Not sure who is writing reviews on the Pathfinder --especially at Consumer Reports-- for if I had followed them blindly I wouldn't have made the purchase on this fantastic vehicle. We have owned it for 7 months, have put 15,000 miles on it and have never looked back. No rattles, no annoyances, no strange blind spots for the driver, MPG as advertised or better, nor any other quirks which nag at you making you think -- did I make the right choice? We got the Platinum trim, which essentially is a discounted Infinity QX60. This SUV has serious get up and go, looks sharp, and is a joy to drive. And it is supremely comfortable for long road trips (we did a 1,600 mile round trip visit to CA from our home in SLC area, including a 7 hour traffic jam out of LA to Las Vegas with two kids). Sound system is fantastic (Bose), and driver controls are logically laid out and easy to use (knobs, ergonomically friendly buttons on steering wheel, etc.). You can with between 2WD, all wheel drive or lock in 4WD. We had heavy snowfall this year, and with Bridgestone Blizzaks and the Pathfinder's automated power distribution and 4WD we carved up serious winter driving conditions with ease. If I had to nitpick one area where I think Nissan can invest more -- it's the navigation interface-- which is completely serviceable, by the way. That said, I've rented cars with Apple CarPlay (Audi, Ford) and I'm not experiencing worlds of difference when it comes to navigation. We get 19-20 MPG driving kids around town and getting to ski resorts (and there is a lot of climbing !)...on long road trips, we average 24-26 mpg. We certainly recommend this SUV..btw, we researched the heck out of the Pilot, Kia Sorrento, Ford Explorer, and smaller SUVs as well (and test drove the Pilot and Sorrento).

Always drove a Nissian but not as happy this time
By Debbie bowers

2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven the same model of car for decades and I guess I expected to much from my new pathfinder. I was not shown basic operating techniques by the dealership as a first step in the wrong direction then I found the front seats did not have near the comfort as my past vechicles. But most of all I am very distressed by the 13.5 city milage😝. Hopefully things will work out. I really like the way my SUV looks and my pearl paint job and nav system are great!