Used 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Short wife-Big car
By Jerry Richardson

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a great car for the average size person (64 inches or above). A little large for a 5 ft. person with back problems. Overall it's a great vehicle. We drove it on a 10,000-seven week trip around the country. Got 23 mpg overall and no mechanical problems. It's a SL 4WD and has most of the bells and whistles you would need. PROS: heated front and rear seats, super A/C, plenty of room and storage space (3rd row seats fold down). CONS: slow on initial acceleration but drives smooth once you reach operating speed, no blind spot monitoring. Overall: Very satisfied with the car for the 5 years we have owned it, just need a taller wife (just kidding). Note: the 4WD in this vehicle made it up and down a snow/ice covered incline when my truck would not.

Nice, but.......
By Zach

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought mine used. 18,000 miles. Fully loaded including headrest tv ministers thru out. I love this vehicle inside. But the problems start externally. Let's start with the transmission. It has a known ghost of an issue. Nissan never did get to the bottom of It! Today is 7/1/18. My Nissan is a 2014. Nissan has been working on the said tranny problem. And has also extended powertrain warrant another 85,000 miles. Issue #2 Is the braking system. 38,000 miles all 4 brake pads are completely worn. I have 4 vehicles in my driveway with 130,000 miles and still on original brakes! With that being said Nissan fails to admit there is an issue. Issue #3 Is tires!!! Again at 38,000 miles the tires are shot. 38,000 miles isn't bad for most new vehicles. As the manufacturer tends to choose the quiet decent performing tire. That means soft compound that wears out fast. My Toyota went 29,000 to give you an idea. However Nissan pathfinder has a major caster/camber issue. AKA alignment. My tires are not shot from mileage. The outsides of all 4 tires are down to the cords. While the inside has still good tread. Nissan fails to admit an issue. Yes my tires were rotated properly every oil change. (Done at the dealership). Issue #3. The exterior trim and mold pieces tend to fall off come unattached. At 38,000 miles I had to have my trim and mouldings replaced. Issue#4. The paint looks nice. But it scratches very easy. The paint used cannot be touched up. The entire vehicle has to be repainted. So if you get in a fender bender....be prepared to repaint the entire vehicle. On the brighter side of this vehicle is an awesome sound system. Ours being platinum has a awesome sound system. Everything inside is cozy and fun. The 3.5 liter engine is a Nissan flagship! It's an excellent engine. Our vehicle cost around 45 to 50,000!! I'm very disappointed considering all the premature issues. And the hefty price tag. I would considering getting back to Toyota! And for what it's worth my father purchased a 2016 pathfinder. He is having the same issues with exception of the transmission problem. We bought ours at the same time! Double trouble! Also I would like to mention my wife has put all the miles on our pathfinder. So it's been driven real mild! No size 13 shoes pinning the pedals to the floor!!!!

loved it!
By billp@wesleywillows.org

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great vehicle. I think all SUVs have this problem - can't really clean the back window all the way to the top.

Has been a great car for us.
By anonymous in iowa

2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Quiet, smooth, and powerful. A joy to drive. Best vehicle we've ever owned.

nissan needs to recall the transmission
By adlogistics@me.com

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the transimission on the 2014 pathfinders is junk, I have 1 with 84,000 miles and one with 72,000 miles and a nisan quest with 95000 miles and they afre all complete junk! do nt buy it unless they recall the transmission, Nissan is showing what kind of company they are knowing this issue and completely ignoring it!