Skip to main content

2.5 out of 5 stars

If I Could Turn Back Time

mommaT, 09/24/2010
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoyed driving this car, right up until the transmission blew. Our gas gauge hadn't worked in a long, long time. No big deal, I just reset the mile ticker each time I filled up. But what I will NEVER understand is how a 5 year old vehicle we bought NEW at the local dealer could be worthless. We did all the scheduled maintenance, used synthetic oil, treated her well. A 5 yr old car should not need 6,000+ dollars worth of work done. This is a design flaw in the coolant system and we should NOT be on the hook for it. Nissan should be ashamed! This was the only car we had that could haul our 2 small kids and now it's junk! I don't have money to fix it, and a new car is not the budget!

3.63 out of 5 stars

Transmission problems

Former Nissan lover, 08/23/2010
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After reading several reviews about this car I am compelled to write my own. My 2005 Pathfinder is my third Nissan. I was going to purchase nothing but Nissan in the future. That has now changed. At about 70K miles the Fuel sensor failed then I stated to have trouble shifting. The coolant and transmission fluids were mixing due to a faulty line. These are major $$ problems. I bought another Nissan because I NEVER had a problem with my other two. I loved this car when I first saw it and I had to have it. When I finally got it I knew it was too good to be true.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Transmission Issues...

Mayra, 10/21/2010
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I to have a 2005 Pathfinder and like the other reviews on this site, I have had the same problems. The transmission is slipping and I just had to have a major repair with the coolant and fliud mixing together. There were no signs of this and suddenly while driving on the highway my car overheated. I also have the vibration of the car at certain speeds. It's awful that Nissan will not admit to the issue and resolve it. I have been telling Nissan (Meadowlands) about the vibrations since I purchased the vehicle and they just think its me. My mechanic indicated that he has never seen this happen. He couldn't believe that there were no warning signs either.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My Six Machine

B Dan, 11/05/2010
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my pathfinder used, and instantly loved it! It drove me all over the west coast mountain ranges to every family members house. It was comfortable to be in for long drives. It also did awesome on daily drives up and down a super windy curvy 20 mile highway to and from work. Never felt like a corner was too much for it. (Never felt top heavy). Could pack it full of stuff for camping and shopping at Costco. I never had any mechanical issues. It ran great! Just routine services. Great family car or single's car. Ended having to sell it because of tight finances, and am still kicking myself for it. Awesome car for me!

5 out of 5 stars

A Class Act of a Car!

Tracy, 01/06/2005
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new Nissan Pathfinder 2005 is a wonderful vehicle. I just purchased one before just before the new year and I can't drive it enough. The ride is so comfortable and the style is so classy! It really has a good take off and the brakes work like a charm. I especially like the hill descent control (HDC) feature on the Pathfinder. The new Pathfinder is completely different than the older models. I traded in my old 1997 Nissan Pathfinder which lasted a long time so I know this one will as well. I highly recommend the purchase of this vehicle. It is such a beauty and runs extremely well. Everyone looks at it!!