Used 2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Will never buy another Nissan again
By Aram K

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my car with 30,000 miles on it. Ride was smooth and I really liked the car at first. Not even two months of use problems started. I busted my shocks ride the way, some short time later my fuel pump died along with alternator. After replacing them both not far from that another alternator died. My driver seat broke on the freeway which almost caused me slamming in the car on my left. My seat is still broken as Nissan quoted me $1500 for repair which was not my fault but rather terrible Nissan quality. Car constantly have some random weird rattling noise upon acceleration. Basically to summarize, after having my car for almost 8 years, I never enjoyed it. Each time in the back of my head thoughts what’s gonna break on me next.

Reliable
By Susan

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE my Murano ~~~ Wish I could afford another one!!! It has been very reliable, easy to drive & roomy for the past 12 years I’ve owned it!!

The best SUV for regular people
By Catherine Ortlieb

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This version of Nissan Murano has over 80 cubic feet of cargo storage and will carry almost anything you want to move. I move furniture, 9' ladders and live trees with no problem. It handles like a car, corners well and will actually fit in a compact parking space. The back seat has great width and is very roomy. You have to love the rearview camera and nice Bose radio.

Clear
By Tammy Leupold

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Car has been sitting for two year's, driven very little. Noticed something the the power steering, poor eceleration, out of alignment. Concerned about the transmission.

Hidden Transmission warranty
By My2006

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

OK, need some Karma so thought I'd take the time to post.

My wife's 2006 Murano with ~115K on it had the transmission die.

IIRC, Nissan has a free Extended Warranty added to all 2003 (?) - 2009 or 2010 Murano's transmissions.

My $4000 Dealer price replacement ended up being free.

Did have a minor problem as my wife's Murano was a Japanese Manf. vehicle, and the VIN had aged out of their system. Took a day or so for the Dealer (Napa Ca ended up being the most helpfuly and did the work) to get it pulled back from HQ database.

This isn't exactly advertised as far as I know, or at least not widely.

This covers only the transmission, and is valid for Murano's with 10 years/120K or less.

Here is the notice actually: http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2

Was initially PO'd as wife had given me her car as we've moved from NorCal to WNY and the AWD was a prime feature.
Very nice that Nissan recognized the problem with early CVT introduction to their line, and didn't screw over their customers.