Used 2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 283 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great car after all the repairs!
By Jess Vaughn

2005 Nissan Murano S AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had the car 1 year. The sun shades are faulty and fall down for no reason. I've had several near collisions because of it just falling down while driving. There is a leak on the driver's side every time it rains, and paid for repairs but it still leaks. Replaced a blown radiator. Replaced alternator. Replaced all tires. Replaced battery. Basically, I'm building a new car. All conveniently started to go bad after it was paid off. Bummed because I love the look, drive and feel of the car. I've had cars much older than 13 years and far less problems. Don't have an answer for it except something about the quality of the make.

I love my Murano
By Gil Jusino

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the car new from a Nissan dealer. Loved it every day. I’d purchase another, between my wife & I we have owned four; 2003, 2005, 2012 & a 2015.

Don't buy!
By Duck

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Electrical nightmare. Nissan dealers will steal your money for repairs they know they have problems with.

Murray the Murano (2005 SL AWD)
By righhht

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this vehicle with 112k in 2015 and just passed 133k today. I needed an SUV with 4WD because as a firefighter, you cant call out if there is inclement weather. Great acceleration and power, love the way the seats feel. Someone reviewed the leather as baseball-glove like and I have to agree! Supple leather and Ive stayed comfortable for 10 hour trips multiple times. Also I am 6 foot 3 and I have TONS of legroom and headroom in any seat; its a very rare thing for me to be comfortable in a back seat! I always get comments from people how stylish and luxurious the Murano still looks, and its 12 now! Great stereo system, navigation works fine (but obv I use my smart phone for more accurate results). I do wish that they had integrated Bluetooth in the stereo system but I found an aftermarket accessory that works amazing and was extremely easy to install. My transfer case blew the week I purchased and VERY luckily the dealer offered to pay for the work (1900 dollars!!). Regular maintenance plus some things expected from an older vehicle (power steering hoses, exhaust system, and an ignition coil pack) but nothing to deter me from giving up Murray!

Haha update October 2017...Murray is dead and gone. Stretched timing chain amongst other issues, not worth $3000 in repairs. Same codes and issues in 2 different Muranos within a week at my shop. They also ditched theirs immediately. I did love my Murano and when I see them on the road I get a pang of jealousy but Nissans dying at 135k? Toyota or Honda purchases only from now on.

God forsaken car
By Pete

2005 Nissan Murano SE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Why did I buy this junk .all it's been given me are mountain load of repairs .i will never ever buy a nissan including my friend and family it's so much problem .